Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I pulled the rear gear case off to see what might have worn out my brand new belt, and there was nothing in there. I was expecting to see a small rock or something for the belt to rub on.

There was nothing, so the only thing the belt was coming in contact with on the outside of the belt was the (fixed position) belt tensioner bearing..............

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
That bearing is not a "tensioner", it is only a guide bearing.

Some ppl remove it and don't use it; but I use both (one at top, room for another at the bottom) and still have no problems with it. It leaves a shiny line on the belt but doesn't chew it up.

Make sure that 730 bearing is not seized though...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where can it go on the bottom? I cant see any other location?

Its not siezed, however there is a bit of crud there that has come off the worn belt and stuck to it, maybe there was a little there from the original and htat has caused the wear

will it work ok without it there?

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
azenis said:
where can it go on the bottom? I cant see any other location?

I think its right half of the gearcars, there's an extra unused hole near the chassis. You can fit another 730 there, with a longish spacer on a long screw ~28mm.

It stops the belt jumping off the diff pulley, especially with balldiffs. (Ball diff pulley only "floats" on the balls, its not ridigly fixed.)

Its not siezed, however there is a bit of crud there that has come off the worn belt and stuck to it, maybe there was a little there from the original and htat has caused the wear

yeah, like PC mouse turds...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol @ pc mouse turds

that is exactly what is on there though

could that have caused the wear? if so i will be more diligent with cleaning the bearing....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts