Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i am thinking of getting a Team Associated T4 Stadium Truck, and along with that a nice new Brushless Motor and ESC.

Now first of all, the truck.

[url]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFAB6& amp;P=7[/url]

Followed By 2 Possible Brushless Motors/ESC's

[url]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDDD7& amp;P=7[/url]

[url]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGDP6& amp;P=7[/url]

First off, im not sure on the differences between these 2 motors and ESCS.

Secondly, Can a T4 Truck handle a brushless without any modifications? Afterall, it IS Associated.

·
Registered
472 Posts
nick

would be an idea to upgrade diffs transmission and dog bones...as it would be over kill on it

jus my '02

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually ive decided on the factory team T4, which mip cvds

also, it has the same diffs as a rc10gt so if an rc10gt can withstand a picco .26, im sure it can handle a brushless

·
Registered
596 Posts
out of the 2 brushless motors you have linked, the first one is more powerful. In sportsman mode (limited revs) its on par with a 19t spec motor.

·
Registered
596 Posts
a mate of mine has the super sport brushless system in his TA04 TRF and it flies. It has a sh*tload of torque down low in the revs which will mean wheelspin city unless you are carefull on the throttle

·
Registered
158 Posts
dun wanna be a coot but shouldnt this topic be in electric stadium trucks???

yea neway it is sweet, nick check out www.rc10t4.com if you havent already, its a ultimaterc website so just the general URC membership works, its a very good community URC u should sign up

·
Registered
158 Posts
sorry bout the dbl post but nismo yes a aftermarket company does make brushless conversion chassis ive a movie of it on my comp sumwere just have a surf on the net ull find it the chassis detracts from the looks but would be well worth it lol, the cat wouldnt stand a chance "ausrc" lol

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Zack, i never thought of the electric stadium trucks section lol, but brushlessmotors arent stadium trucks

I'm about to check that site out right now

oh yes, im not sure if ill get one id love to have one but i now have a nice guitar that i got off a mate that i can sell or keep and im really not sure what to do with it.

G

·
yep, there is a section on trucks..but this topic is going more to
motors..so eother way..cant win..haha, but this is the GENERAL topic...

Nismo

·
Registered
158 Posts
i beg to differ its a STADIUM TRUCK setup equipped being the adjective implying towards the pronoun T4 being the truck...lol yea, id rather a hacker although the brishless has a pretty high tag but no maintenence has gotta be heaven for rc'ers

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
PeeDee said:
...pronoun T4 being the truck

bzzzt! wrongo.

"T4" being the truck makes'T4' a 'noun'.

"It" is a pronoun.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>Definition:</TD>
<TD width=8></TD>
<TD width="99%">\Pro"noun\, n. A word used instead of a noun or name, to avoid the
repetition of it. The personal pronouns in English are I,
thou or you, he, she, it, we, ye, and they.
</PRE></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

----------------------------------

Brushless motors sound good in concept but aren't as fancy as you'd think, they are still pretty immature technology for RC cars.

The Hackers and other brand sensorless BLs still "cog" and some of them do overheat & blow their ESCs with disappointing frequency. The ESC is the most expensive part of the whole system, costs much more than a normal RC car ESC.

Novak's SS5800 @ 196W is not even as powerful as the most crazy brushed motor (7/8/9t which could pump out 220-240W) so there's little chance of any good RC car not handling the 'power'.

SS4300 is a "stock"-equivalent motor, so its only got 175W.

Upcoming (announced, but coming who-knows-when) "HV-Maxx" will be much more powerful, designed for running on 10-14 cells. But as its a 550-size unit made for Maxx, it won't fit into most usual 540-powered cars.

·
Registered
158 Posts
no lol a pro noun is the specific name of some thing i.e Zack, Nick, T4, ae anyway bak to topic, if u had the money get a hacker

1 - 15 of 15 Posts