Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picture this - standing in my driveway all of a sudden a light bulb appears above my head .... read on.

After a couple of weeks (yes I'm that dumb :) of fiddling with my
newish T-Maxx trying to get a tune which will lift the front wheels,
and at the same time wondering why the truck never seemed to change
into second gear, I've come to the conclusion that the truck is ALREADY
in second gear and always has been.

The truck tops out super well, excellent top speed (resulting into this
morning's crash into a drain - read other post) but the acceleration
always seemed pretty suss, despite careful tuning, plus I never heard
it change gear.

So I'm thinking (at this time of day, amazing) that the thing is stuck in second and always has been.

Question:

1. Is there some (preferably easy) way I can manually force the thing into first gear?

Grateful for any suggestions!

Mike

·
Registered
477 Posts
in your manual is there anything about a 2 speed adgustment screw??

i know in my xfactor manual ther eis one..but when i adgust the screw it still dont change gear..ive got the same problem as u!! but with and xfactor not a maxx..i dont know if its stuck in firs tor second either and never herd it change...fidly things

·
Registered
131 Posts
a store for padstow sounds good but i think it would go under as dont get me wrong i know heaps of people with rc in the area but you need planty of time and money to get it to work in the future

hay then have you any advise for a stubbin 2nd gear for t maxx as i it simply does not shift at all think ill rip my gear box open ive tried every thing all the screws are there nothing fallin out i turn the 2nd gear screw 1 turn 2 turns 3 turns but nothin no shiftin at all the engine revs like it should still no 2nd gear i my try my clutch but im pretty sure its fineEdited by: hailmick

·
Registered
303 Posts
best thing to do is reset the grubs screw in the gear box for shifting to factory setting, then try and then make sure your slipper clutch is tight, tighten it fully and then untighen its half a turn and should be fine.

Then lean out the t-maxx a touch and should shift, t-maxx are general very easy to tune into 2nd gear so hopefully that should fix it, if not let me know and next time your out on weekend ill drop past and give ya a hand.

Reason why you lean it out a touhc is because it has to hit high enough revs so it engages 2nd gear, if your running too rich you wont hit 2nd gear.

Let me know how you go.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i took it out today for 2 hours and i tried every thing i could think off

i just tried the slipper clutch and it wasn't as tight as it could be ill try it tomorrow i think and see how it goes

is it possible to get a rc trailbike? i want one my friend has one he got from thailand

·
Registered
303 Posts
Seen them, heard about them, can get them only issues is when you import those type of thing is that you can get parts for them.

That why LHS wont carry them unless some major disturbutor sells them.

Once some of the major brands makes them we will have them until then good luck with trying to find it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.