Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i need to get new fuel,as i suspect my fuel is off read post http://www.ausrc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36&PN=1

but i want to get some 20% and the lhs has some super drop nitro fuel

any1 used this or has any idea if it good or not.i will now buy in 1L bottles as i think my 4L has gone off in only a month. cause when i go out i only fill a 1.5l bottle as i am never out for more than 1 to 2 hours, so lge fuel bottle get opened and closed all the time .............so any suggestions pls

Cruzn2

·
Registered
660 Posts
im not sure should be ok
, i buy in 4 litres go throught it inabout a month

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
My fuel is just on three months and still works fine, although I'll finish it all off 2morow. I always keep mine elevated offthe floor, in a sealed container, in a big bucket. This is to prevent as much condensation as I can, and make it last longer.

I don't think the name will make much difference - they will have just gone out the back and mixed it up - then slapped the label. Just make sure you have a good mix of caster and synthetic oils &you should be fine.

My mix is:

25% nitro

8% Caster oil

10% Synthetic oil

57% Methanol (filler)

For that mix I pay $52 for 4ltr. Cant remember the 1ltr price but it made me shudder....

·
Registered
410 Posts
I use helicopter fuel in my Savage. Apparently I also noticed it flies better too.

milknbutter

·
Registered
371 Posts
Morphy where do you your fuel from in bulk?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I buy it in 4ltr containers from my LHS. Its not bulk. They sell 1ltr and 4ltr lots...

They'd proberly sell it in any size you like. I always give them a call and order some as I walk out the door. I know they just mixed it as its still cold as when I get it. (when mixed, the niro get really cold).Edited by: Morphy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts