Australian RC Forums banner
121 - 140 of 175 Posts

· Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Well, after another dissapointing final on the last open day.......

I had to get me some of this alloy engine mount so it wont happen again. I have a cheap second hand plastic one......cheap!

Again, battle ready! Shweeet!

· Registered
3,372 Posts
mate get another set of rears i reckon, the fronts are like 55 or 60 mm narrow as the backs are about half an inch more....

· Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Never really meant to put them on matebut might give it a go next open meet and might be less harsh on the drive train and i might be able to drift it around corners. Only problem is that the wheel thread is fairly short but we'll see how it goes.

· Registered
4,150 Posts
Could roko do up an mcd hpi adapter?

· Registered
1,283 Posts
Steph, The only thing you will see go are the wheels... straight off the axles. Don't bother the stock hexes are too short, if you like i will bring a set of long hexes that you can borrow for the day. Franco.

· Registered
372 Posts
I want to try some different wheels as where we have been running is very hard and rocky, and it is taking the tread off the standard wheels that came with the mcd. I'll save the mcd wheels for running on a soft surface.

· Registered
3,652 Posts
good thinking stu.

trenches look good, ill be doing the same to my FG soon.

im guessing the flex in the gear carrier caused the gear to shatter, hope the alloy carrier stops this from happeneing.

· Registered
3,372 Posts
i prefer looking at the top half of that photo, lower half doesnt realy interest me :p

· Registered
372 Posts
I had the same thing happen to the plastic gear carrier on mine too, replaced with the alloy one, not cheap hey. I was lucky and was just warming her up when it happened and didnt damage the gears. I slapped some greese in the bearings before even fitting the new one. Did you ever get a run with the trenchers on? I had them fitted up to try out and the gear carrier gave out within a min, havent had her out to give it a propper run yet...

· Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 · (Edited)
Havnt ran the trenchers on them because they're pretty heavy. Motor might struggle with the gearing and the trenchers are pretty soft so it might work with the shock setup I have as well.

Haha Billybob, it's a new green earthy design to save our planet. Lol!

Lol Chris, should come with me to eastern creek and have fun on the skid pan. An R8 like yours turned up and was pretty interesting.
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=AU#/watch?v=ZOWj7LGBJ6k

121 - 140 of 175 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.