Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just wondering what the standard radio gear was like that comes with the savage 25 rtr . Is there any need to upgrade etc etc ?

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Odum,

I found it pretty tidy, it is now running my Micro RS4. I believe it is Futaba made, 3 channel, 27mhz AM. It is a basic set, ie analog trims, etc, but all channels are reversable, and it has Dual Rate on the Steering channel.

If I didn't already have a 3 channel Futaba 3PDF FM set, I would not have upgraded.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can i cut off any excess antenna from the reciever , after i have fed it through the mast ?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Short answer, NO.

I've read that the receiver antenna's length is actually tuned to the wavelength of the frequency. Not precisely tuned, but enough to improve reception and cutting it can reduce your range.

Some people let the excess just hang out, but I used a small piece of fuel tubing to hold the excess down the outside of the antenna tube. Apparently it's not good to twist it around th tube either.

Cheers! OggyEdited by: Ogier

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Yeah, it is the joke of the century and everyone at HPI must be laughing....

30cm of Antenna Tube, 90cm of Antenna wire - how ridiculous....

Don't cut it. You need to wrap it up somewhere.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
358 Posts
Is the antenna wire seriously that long? Wow. I'm wondering if it's really necessary to keep the whole lot then. Has no one been game enough to cut it down and see what happens????

Mine was about 1.5 times the length of the tube, but it's now almost double the length of the tube becausethe tubekeeps breaking when I flip over! :)

Ciao!
Oggy.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
i know its Traxxas, but on the Traxxas DVD you get with the vehicles, they say to wind the excess wire around the outside of the tube, and hold it in place with (i think) sticky tape...

yet ive also heard its not good to do that...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts