Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problems I have been having with my savage are related to the bell housing. Ther is a brass cone shapped washer that it rests on the engine shaft, well it keeps coming loose even if i tighten it as much as possible , anybody knowwhat would cause this ? maybe my slipper is too tight? all my gears are fine, spur gear is fine every thing works, I took it apart and put it back together againit drove fine for about 30 min then it loosened up again

·
Registered
761 Posts
Kahn,

Take off the brass thing and use a few regular washers.. thats what ive done and it works fine.

All you have to do, is use a few thicker washers until they are flush with the shaft end and then put a smaller washer around the crankshaft screw and then screw it in all the way and make sure its tight, but also the clutchbell still has to be able to spin. Ive had my clutchbell lock up a few times from the screw going into the shaft and becoming tighter so it locked it up. I think ive finally found the perfect combination with the washers i have on my savage's engine because i can tighten the screw completely, with about 1mm play in the clutchbell and it still spins nicely.

If you need anymore help feel free to ask me.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Even better, pi$$ the brass washer off and go to the hobby shop and get an E - clip. There is no need for the brass washer or screw. I went through three brass washers before i did this.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
My impression is that he is talking about the brass collet and flywheel. ie he is stuggling to keep the Clutch nut tight, and therefore the flywheel is spinning around on the collet. A cone shaped brass washer- this can only be the collet.

From memory his problem is applying power and no going anywhere. Keeping the clutch bell on would be a seperate issue.

Kahn, can you confrim these assumptions?

If so, how are you tightening the clutch nut now?

Regards,

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been tightening it down by hand as tight as i could hoping to keep the flywheel firmly mounted on the collet, but it just keeps coming loose

·
Registered
67 Posts
Now I just need to work out what part we are talking abouth here.

To fix 86121: I would just get some washers and build it up to just below the crank sharft so that when the screw goes in there is a small amount off play in the cluch bell. do the screw up tight with blue lock-tight

that is what I have done

To Fix 86077: You will be able to use blue lock-tight and hold the flywheel with some multi grips and use a socket orone off the sockets onyour glow plug spanner one on mine dose fit it get it as tight as you can if that dose not work get a pistion locking tool from you LHS and try again.

Edited by: azalin_au

1 - 6 of 6 Posts