Australian RC Forums banner

Spammers

3866 Views 17 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  BeatsMe
What's with all the spammers getting on here lately??
Aren't the admin/mods doing their work?
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Yeah we are...there has been a pile of them all from the same website/internet shop

They are getting the big A as fast as we find them, or someone reports them

Keep up the reports guys, we will keep giving them the flick
2 more gonski

I don't know where they are all coming from, but they sure are coming
Do you guys check their email/ip's against the spam database before approving them ??

I'd recommend using this site, if you don't already...
http://www.stopforumspam.com/search
Do you guys check their email/ip's against the spam database before approving them ??

I'd recommend using this site, if you don't already...
http://www.stopforumspam.com/search
I have had no internet for about 4 days so I haven't been around much only logging in with my phone.

Some times I think people expect or assume we sit on the computer 24/7, this isn't the case. We all work, have family and other commitments and provide free mod assistance to this forum as best as we can.

All we can do is keep deleting these knobs and all is well.
I have had no internet for about 4 days so I haven't been around much only logging in with my phone.

Some times I think people expect or assume we sit on the computer 24/7, this isn't the case. We all work, have family and other commitments and provide free mod assistance to this forum as best as we can.

but you are a mod! how can you not live/breath/eat/drink and sleep Ausrc?

what do you have a real life with like a real name or something lol
Something happened late last week. I run a site and suddenly got a ton of new sign ups and then the posts started.

I needed to refresh my sign up questions and tighten the settings a bit.

Seemed to be Russian based. Affected a lot of forums. So annoying.
I must have missed something. Where was the spamming?
Something happened late last week. I run a site and suddenly got a ton of new sign ups and then the posts started.

I needed to refresh my sign up questions and tighten the settings a bit.

Seemed to be Russian based. Affected a lot of forums. So annoying.
Yes i noticed that too, on two forums that i now admin.... got control of it straight way and not one spammer got in.

I hope that's not an anger post ?? I only ever try to help... or rather ask questions and help others out. And imo i see a number of problems here on this forum... from video's not working and pictures not resizing automatically to heaps of spammers getting in.... never used to be like this back when this forum was privately owned :rolleyes:
The sign up procedure is automated now I believe....hence the innocuous question in the sign up page

We also used to have a requirement of a genuine email address...no Hotmail and the likes...I am not sure if that is still the case

The spate of spammers of late are all from one of two addresses it would appear...looks like a concentrated effort on behalf of a company or group

And Yes...things have changed a bit since the days of private ownership....but in Chris' defense...he was under the pump with his work, some of which was overseas and he couldn't put the time into the forum like he could in the early days....something had to give, and selling the forum was the most realistic choice....I know it was a hard decision for him to make....but a necessary one none the less, he agonized over it for some time before making the final call....had I been in the same situation, I think I would have made the same decision Chris did, it would not have been an easy one to make that is for sure
See less See more
I must have missed something. Where was the spamming?
Mods are doing a great job hey! Wooshk, all gone!
Mmmmm Spam and Eggs ;)
If you are cooking....I am there...can I have toast with my Spam :)
Spam is awful... don't know how you guys eat that s##t lol
Spam is awful... don't know how you guys eat that s##t lol
It is easy...with a knife and a fork :)
Cut into little animal shapes with a cookie cutter, fried in a pan and smothered in tomato sauce.
Eating on a budget :lol:
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.