Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone this sunday 4th of april there is a REAL car show down at southport and they are setting up an rc car track for 1/8th scale monster trucks and 1/8th scale buggys but there will probably be a few 1/5th buggys and other cars here and there.

I no im definatly going, hitchin a ride with Jono

I think itd be good to see a few AUSRC guys out there with their trucks racing around as it is a lot of fun showing off to all the people.

If wanting to go, be there by 9:30 at the latest and it is at the Parklands Showground at Southport.

Take a few crystal sets as well.

AUSRC, are you going to be going down to race the savage around?

·
Registered
477 Posts
ill be there
cant wait!! it will be awesome!! the car show is gonna be huge!! and its mad how the r/c's ar epart of it!! so i cant wait to get my X there and rip your savy up nick
i only have first gear for now.. but thats good enough for jumping..

ryan

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol good to hear man, i cant wait since i got my savage runnin kickass it is mad fun.

I hope i dont get my fuel tank smashed by an EK4 again like last time

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
WHOOHA!

This sounds like fun!

Gimme more details, which car show is it? See you all there....

Morphy.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is the car show at southport, its held at the parklands showgrounds where big day out is

if your going, get there between 9:00 - 9:30 at the track its not hard to get to just follow the road around the outside of the complex and then go through the gate you will get in for free if you have your savage or whatnot truck with you

when you get in you have to see the lady / guy about your radio frequency and then they give you a sticker with a number on it, just put it on ur truck body and your all good to go.

any more details ?

if you wanna know anythin else, just post here and ill answer it for you

·
Registered
477 Posts
i dont think il lbe there now.. well atleast not with my truck
just spectater..(maybe) depends on whether my mum will take me to the hobbyshop tomorrow- so far she is saying no.. but im trying to sway her into taking me..

as today i was just testing my truck out..to get it ready for the day.. and i was drvin down the road and it just slowed down and revved- My problem was the clutchbell screw came out..so if i cant get the screw tomorrow i cant take my truck

ryan

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As i said, i will give you a screw so definatly go lol

Plus i wanna beat your x factor with my savage

·
Registered
472 Posts
hey nick...hahah i heard ur parents yelling at ya last night to turn the savage off...hahahah twas funny..but yeppers nick is bummin a lift off of me...my spur gear is gonna die towards the end of the day unfortunatly i think..so if anyone who is going and has a spare spur gear give me a call on 0438211507 or 32997045 and ill direct deposit your account :D

hope to see ya all there and memeber whatch out for those god for saken ugly ek4's nick :p

·
Registered
477 Posts
hey nick im definately going now as u know.. i went to the hobbyshop and my clutchbell/ flywheel problem is fixed

jono- i have a spare spur that is off my xfactor.. so ill take it along and if it fits it fits..and u can borrow it for the day..i think it should fit..jus tmight be a little differnt gearing

cheers ryan
- cant wait for tomorrow

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jono: Yes i hope them damn EK4s dont run into me again or i will snap them.

Ryan: Good to hear you got your truck running again

I hope they let just us 3 have a race and see who wins

·
Registered
477 Posts
yeh lol.. well i only have first gear..it wont change into second.. and im worried about my servos humming..as there humming at the moment..

ryan

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol man, dont worry about your servos they'll be fine

i think thats usually just a bit of interference by something it probably wont do that at the track as it wont be near where you live.

it could be something else though

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man just ignore it for now, i will check it out for you tomorrow.

·
Registered
472 Posts
were off to see the wizard...the wonder wizard of SAVAGE :D woo yeah about to leave..catcha :)

·
Registered
477 Posts
well what a great day..

were u there morphy??

virtually every buggy/truck went away with some sorta carnage..

nick had some problems with his clutch and diffs..

jono.. lol tried to jump the fence.. and bent the back of his fins in..and later on in the day started his car without the reciever turned on..lol off he went chasing it.. and nick jus ttold me it has a hole in the crank

and me..lasted all day except right near the end.. i broke the diff casing.. and i broke the center gearbox shaft that my uni sits on

and everyone else that was there..done some sort of damage..

im sure nick and jono will add more..

dont sell your savy jono..u will regret it..lol..

will see u all at the next day..whenvever that comes.. and i think it could be next month?? well there planning on doing a day each month.

hopefull if theres a meet in june ill have a brand new rex-x buggy..they were so good to watch today...

oh and lol at nick.. hit a rex-x 9on purpose) on the boom.. lmao

ryan

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh the enjoyment ofchasing and thensmacking MTs into Buggies...
So fun.

Yes i had gearbox carnage, in the rear its like a grenade went off two of the spider gears had moved a quater around the diff housing, bloody awful stuff. So i put the front diff into the back with the good pinion, now front is completely wrecked so i didnt attack any dogbones to the front, now i have to put on one more tire and get the engine in and test it out tomorrow i hope it works.

Ah yes, Jono and his destructive ways....

Well we throught we'd have some fun so we decided to jump the savage off the boom thingy, three or so meters of air and then land on the other side of the fence.... well heres how it went:

1st Time: Smacked Fence, Track Side
2nd Time: Cleared It, But Rolled
3rd Time: Cleared It, But Rolled
4th Time: Tried Backflip, Truck Stayed In A Vertical Stance, Smacked Engine Head On Fence And Bent 4 Fins...

Later on he found out he had a small hole in his crankcase and im pretty sure a smashed engine mount.

Ive never seen that bad damage from the two race days ive attended..

I strongly encourage anyone with enough guts and a good enough truck to attend these days down at southport at the parklands showgrounds its really fun.

For all the guys out there, they have MOTOCROSS and a BIKINI COMPETITION

·
Registered
472 Posts
i hate to say it but when i get a new engine savage is going...i cant keep dumping money into this hobby i hate to say..some guy offered me 700 for the lot (b4 i new there was a whole in the crank case) and i think once i get the engine fixed ill sell it to him..tho i gave him my email and phone and forget ot get his

http://www.hpiforums.com/download.php?id=5434

1 - 20 of 29 Posts