Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i ordered from radio model supplies in perth, it was cheaper to order a whole new front brace than it was to order the screw that i had lost. basically for $1 less than the screw i got a whole new brace and about6 of the required screws.....god damn hobby shops

·
Registered
596 Posts
its not necessarily the hobby shops fault. it depends on how the parts a packaged and sold by the manufacturer. I for example have like 12 spare rear arms for my super nitro rally. the fronts are like glass on this car and the rear are unbreakable, but spare arms for this car are sold in packs of 1 front arm and 1 rear arm.

if the screw is nothing special or unique. perhaps you could find generic replacement

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know it wasnt really the hobbyshops fault...jus dont particularly like RMS
hahaha shell be rite. i cant see me ever ever ever breaking this brace but meh i got one spare anyway

·
Registered
358 Posts
I actually like RMS. I've bought a few things from them, but to ship to the other side of the country, it has to be a planned bulk purchase for me.

If you're just after a bolt/screw/nut, is there an engineering supply store (nut & bolt shop) anywhere near you?I buy replacement stuff from "Lee Brothers Engineering" in North Parramatta (Sydney) - the other day I bought a couple dozen items, including some long shafted bolts to replace the hinge pins in my buggy. All up the bits cost $15 for for at least 22 items.

4 of those items might have been as much as $10 from a hobby shop.

Cheers, Oggy.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
theres also australia wide shops, like "Universal Fasteners" (part of the coventry group)

they have a minimum order of $10, but everything is like 20c.. you can get enough nuts bolts screws etc to replace all of them, and have spares for under $20.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.