·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a skyline r32 shell??? can you post pics or send em to me

Greatly appreciatatedEdited by: DYJK

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Yep, I got one painted for display.

Based on the shell Tamiya made over 10 yrs ago - a nice R32 "road" shell without all the silly racing bits that the later R32/33/34 cars have.

These Tamiya R32 shells are now collectors' items and highly sought after, can go for silly prices.

**** PIC fixed!-found this cute IMAGE ANALYSER v1.21 by MEESOFT ****

haha... if you haven't twigged, its painted to replicar the one Takeshi Nakazato drives in the Initial-D series 1.

Edited by: zoomer

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks heaps...any more..thats one of the coolest shells ive seen.
i like them soo much for some unknown reason........

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Tamiya has done quite a few R32sin the 1990sbut they're all long gone discontinued now, there's 3 R32s from memory. Here's the links to TamiyaClub:

58099:Nissan Skyline

58135:Calsonic Skyline

58140:HKS Skyline GT-R

Kyosho also made a R32 back in 1990, it is a larger "SuperTen" size running a OS 0.10 engine. It is an interesting car, one of the rare ones that appeared at the start of the onroad touringcar craze.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
woud you know where i could purchase a skylineshell for a 1/10 or a 1/8 model...prefer r32...

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
They're all long discontinued.

R32 is too old to be popular anymore, everyone wants the R34s now. Maybe 10 yrs ago it was still easy to find the R32 by Tamiyaand others but even they have stopped production by then.

Your only bet today is maybe "ABC Hobby" but they are very rare to be found outside of Japan - there is no distributor in Oz. ABC seem to make only very small production runs and their products aren't cheap. Their R32 V-spec has big flared guards I think.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
NTC3:- the Tamiya shell is 190mm and fits only 'electric' cars usually, except Tamiya's gas cars are also 190mm.

That blackwith goldflake shell has been painted for display only, never been run. Its sitting on a TA03 chassis. Will probably flog it on eBay later in the year as I don't have a theme of "roadgoing GT-Rs" for the collection so it don't fit in anywhere.

The Kyosho car is waaay bigger, it is "SuperTen" size. It was given by a good friend so won't ever be sold. Very hard to find parts for too, they don't appear often - a very interesting car.

NTC3 said:

Year or3 ago Tamiya did a oneoff limited run of those (white R32 on an XB-Pro TT-01 RTR) for the Japan Hobby Show and was sold in Japan only. There may be a few still available in Japanese shops if you're lucky.

It was never imported Australia nor anywhere else.

The shells areall white & I think the windows are grey stickers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts