Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I thought I'd better post some pics of my new toy before it looks more worse for wear than it already does (after only one days bashing). This is as I bought her but I'm already planning the painting of my 1st body shell.

Can't wait to get an Avalanche body on it for y'all to see.

Edited by: Skidd

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
LOL is that the same savage I saw yesterday? WOW the body still looks almost new!

hehehe

·
Registered
405 Posts
Interesting idea bending the aerial out the back window of the truck -
under the roll bar. Have you had any problems with bending it once it's
been mounted at that angle? I might give it a go.

I like your truck - Savages look great!

Jerrah.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Morphy said:
LOL is that the same savage I saw yesterday? WOW the body still looks almost new!

hehehe

LOL... yes mate it is the same body, I learnt my photo techniques from Husky (how to made a bad body look good). In fact the photos were taken on the bed of my pickup just before I came down to meet you at Knox.

I'm really kicking myself for not taking pics of the Savage before I drove it. It would have been nice to have had some pre-damage shots to remember.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jerrah said:
Interesting idea bending the aerial out the back window of the truck - under the roll bar. Have you had any problems with bending it once it's been mounted at that angle? I might give it a go.

I like your truck - Savages look great!

Jerrah.

Not so far mate... I managed to subject the savage to the obligatory 8sets of 10 turnend over ends and at least 5 sets of 7 turn side flips just yesterday and the aerial survived fine.

·
Registered
660 Posts
nice pics, that does not look likeyour body did u do a swap when i was not looking
onlyjokingEdited by: Savage SS

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I have finally gotten around to painting my 1950's Chevy Ute body to replace my beaten up original savage one. I must say that for a first go I actually enjoyed the experience.

I may be brave enough to start tacking these projects on a more regular basis. If you're interested I've posted pics in my gallery at;

Skidd's Chev Ute Gallery

I think I'm going to enjoy this hobby.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Star Guitar said:
That is SOO Cool.. Can you paint me a body like that

LOL... Yeah right!

I have to get a few practice bodies in before I tackle my much treasured, limited edition (actually out ofproduction)Chevy Avalanche body... that will just be a show pony body.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thought it was about time that I posted some pics of the various mods fitted to the Savage.

Of course we needed the alloy axle carriers.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A nice polished stainless steel extended chassis give her that 'custom' look.

And of course you just gotta have that alloy transmission case to complete the theme.

Edited by: Skidd

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Only problem with the chassis is that I can't fit an 18t CB onto the motor, this pic is with the 15t CB

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And all that extra power needs the alloy diff casings to help keep things from breaking...

BTW... did I mention the Ram-Tech Viperalloy rims? Now they are sweeet!

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
There are many many things that I would like to say to you Mr Skidd, but none of them can be said in a public forum.......

That is looking really sweet.

Do you think that the extended chassis will alleviate smashed tanks?

Regards,

Chris

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
AUSRC said:
There are many many things that I would like to say to you Mr Skidd, but none of them can be said in a public forum.......

That is looking really sweet.

Do you think that the extended chassis will alleviate smashed tanks?

Regards,

Chris

Maybe a quote from Monty Python's Life of Brian... "You lucky, lucky Ba....."

I tried a loy of combinations of alloy and plastic to try and prevent the old cracked tank from landing on bum syndrome. After 4 tanks and a lot of alloy components... I know realise that the extended chassis will probably be the best thing to prevent it.
I'm a bit slow that way.

Only down side to the extended chassis is that the front engine mount holes now don't line up with the bracing plate the original holes. I had to drill 2 new ones and it's a little bit awkward. Not really a problem, just a minor bother is all.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts