Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been playing on cad. to come up with a very simple plan for a gas rc boat hull for people new to the hobbie or just a knock around hull for the kids.:thumb:
This one will fit most weedie engines straight in so it suits homebuilders like me.
Built from the bottom up as a simple flatbottom but having 1 1/2" runners laminated underneath once built for a slight tunnel effect when at speed.
The one I will be building will have the rear modified to slope down from the back of the engine to the transom to get rid of the boxy rear end! I can post the DXF file if anybody is interested.

V1-Punt Runner.

test fitting the main framing!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
45 inches long and 15 inches wide!
I will be fitting a 25cc into this hull, it should be pretty fast for a homebuilt!
I have the plan in printable DXF file if you would like it.

Chad.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
looks good.

I actually built a model of our Seacraft wooden boat when i was in school. Never quite finished it and dad tossed it when i moved out. We did draw up plans to make one about 800mm long but never got that far.

I wish you luck. Looks like you have made more progress than i did lol. Look forward to seeing more.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Built this V hull a while back(sold now) 26cc victa!
Went ok for a homebuilt but never got a tuned pipe for it to see what it would really do!

·
Registered
799 Posts
I will be fitting a 25cc into this hull, it should be pretty fast for a homebuilt!

Chad.
Thanks, but not at the moment. Just interested as I built a small boat many years ago from scratch off plans. 24" long, running a Enya 15 nitro. Good luck with the built and keep the pics coming.

Col.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

Chad.
Chad I wouldn't mind those plans, I have a spare whipper snipper motor that I wouldn't mind putting in a simple boat.

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Looks pretty good! I look forward to seeing more of the build.

Here is one I designed and built about 10 years ago. Scratch built 1/8th ply bulkheads, 1/16th ply hull skin. Took me about 6 months to build but it never made it to thr water.
My dog found it and well, use your imagination.

Cheers, Brett. 5.jpg 7.jpg 6.jpg 1.jpg

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
its a autocad drawing. So unless you have autocad you wont be able to open it.

I can make it a pdf if ya want it that way.

PM me ya email and i can send to ya.

Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Just a suggestion, you have the plans already.
Simply save the plan shown in the first post to your PC and print it in the scale you want.

EASY.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry, I use DesignCad 3D Max17.
It will only let me save as DXF. no pdf.
Still learning, there should be some free converters/viewers online!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
did a9cad work for you.

I have autocad at work and also downloaded a trial of something at home. But neither will open it. Autocad just opens with a big blank black page and the trial of designcad does the same???

Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Strange, I will have a look at the file and see what I can do for you!
Meanwhile heres a pic of what happens when you start with homebuilt boats! ;)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
all good downloaded another viewer and works now. just gotta install me pdf driver again and i will post it in pdf format.

lol love the "boat" room. Looks a bit like my shed atm. But mine is a far bit messier than yours lol.

here it is.

Didnt print the last line of the hull but its just s straight line from there.

View attachment Boat plans.pdf

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for goin to all that trouble mate!:thumb:

all good downloaded another viewer and works now. just gotta install me pdf driver again and i will post it in pdf format.

lol love the "boat" room. Looks a bit like my shed atm. But mine is a far bit messier than yours lol.

here it is.

Didnt print the last line of the hull but its just s straight line from there.

View attachment 8191

1 - 20 of 56 Posts