Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I was just wondering what arethe physical differences between the 190mm and 200mm shells? I understand that number is the width, but is the length the same same for both sizes? Will the 190mm wheel holesline up with a 200mm shell's wheel holes?

I went to a shop today to buy a new 200mm shell, told the guy that, then said I wanted one of the shells he mentioned. Got back to work and found that it is a 190mm shell... Just wondering if this will fit my 200mm car(it's actially 196mm).

G

·
The 190mm shell is for electric cars and the 200mm shell is for Gas Cars you probably could run a 190mm shell on a Gas car but you would have to reduce your track width which would upset your handling, I have never triedthis myself.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
596 Posts
200mm bodies are 10mm wider than 190mm bodies. both have a wheelbase (distance between front and rear wheels)of around 257mm. wheel base is not fixed as you can change it in most high end cars.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Sting said:
...but you would have to reduce your track width...

Suggest that making a 200 car into 190 will be Very Difficult for most current cars today - just how would you imagine doing that??

The last car that was adjustable 190/200 like that would be the 1997 HPI RS4s, but you'd still need new arms and new dogbone/unis all round.

Making a 190 fit a 200 shell is a lot easier. Wider axles and/or hex, big-offset wheels - no problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I took it home that night and fitted it. The wheel base, as said, is exactly the same length. The width of the shell exactly fits the width of the wheels, no over-hang. Only problem was the mounting posts were hard to mark and drill, so the back end is off line a little :(

Not going back to that shop and now I know to check the store hasgiven me what I asked for

·
Registered
283 Posts
So did it fit alright? Can you post some pix?

I really want one of those 190mm 180SX drift bodies. But its only for 190mm electric drift cars.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
It will fit, however the wheels will hang out the side of the body, and you will probably have to make the front wheel arches bigger for the tyres to clear (Depending on tyre + rim)

Generally they are just a little bit "tighter"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wouldn't recommend a 190mm on a tourer as you would have to reduce track width of you car and you loose on handling, some people recon it makes your car faster, but I am still to be beaten on the tarck 190mm vs 200mm car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts