Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOOOOOO, i took the carb very carefully of my engine because i needed to turn it around for the linkage and found a small shaving sitting inside
. i got worried and inspected the whole engine. First took of the backplate, all good except for another peice of crap

The engine looks good apart from this mishap. i dont know how they could have got in the engine, ive taped up the exaust port, put a big clean airfilter on, put in an 0s#8 plug. Am i overreacting? Should i be this worried?

Apart from this the engine rocks! It has 6 intake ports plus one massive exaust port! All which have cutouts on the sleeve for smotther fuel/air flow i geuss. It has a ported crankshaft, and a knife edged rod.

So should i be this worried about finding a couple of shavings in my engine? its never been run...
Edited by: Will

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
I would do a s i do with all the engines i take apart. Clean it out as best you can, ive heard of quite a few engines having metal shavingl in them left over from manufacturing. One guy even fornd a bolt
. Once youve cleaned it i flush it with after run oil aka transmission fluid. This gets rid of dust and dirt that may have goten in there. Its always a good idea to inspect a new engine and seal it up. Just for piece of mind

·
Registered
660 Posts
what engine is it, s-.25 i would say it would be ok could be from the manuafactor i cant spell. if i was you i would check with some other people that know tonnes about engines try PM husky, or RB mods these guys should be about to help you
, but i think it will be ok

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Sounds like your lucky you noticed it! Clean it out and you should be fine.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i totally stripped down my engine very carefully, cleaned each individual part, oiled and then rebuilt im. im very confident and happy with my engine now

Its an SH .25 which is basicly the same as the xtm 24.7 pro. It runs very smooth now and m looking forward for my extra parts to arrive.

·
Registered
204 Posts
SH Engines manufacturer RC Nitro engines for a number of other companies which then market them as there own. Some companies that we would be familar with are XTM, Dynamite and Megatech.

The SH25 is the same engine (essentially) as the XTM247 and comes in 2 variants, again just like XTM (standard and pro).

It is also what dynamite use as a base for their Mach26, which is essentially a bored out 247.

There website is www.shengines.com

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HIRISK's got it! knows more about them then i do. I won mine on ebay, the seller is engine_nut. He is very good and shipped my engine to sydney for 18US. It only took a week.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah,

Engine_nut sells a few motors on Ebay, I have noticed his pricing is reasonable too.

I love Ebay!! It is great what you can find if you look hard enough.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah, this engine really looks like a performer inside, great.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If some of you are still interested my *SAVAGE* engine mount, pipe and header arrived a few days ago from a seller on ebay

What are your thoughts on the tmaxx integy 3 shoe clutch/flywheel conversion?

thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.