try the high torque servo saver from tamia...has the metal C looking
bit instead of a plastic one.

will this work?

thanks

Nismo

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Don't know if the hi-torque saver will work on the TL01, as longest arm on the set still looks shorter than what the TL01 uses. (o you can't mix & match parts, they are too different.)

The hi-torque set uses 3 metal springs, but these springs can also stretch when you hit something hard. After that you need a new one.

Try your LHS... they may have some other brands eg Kimborough etc. Might be something more suitable there.

ps: invest in a foam front bumper too!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zoomer, ive been told there is a good one made to to suit the TL01, jiggen told me about..forgot what it was though....hmmm will have to ask him again...im going to give the high torque one a shot aswell...i only just put a new one a few days agao as the othere one was a little sloppy....and a broke it in the first tape i had with a gutter..weird..

Nismo
Edited by: AUSRC

·
Registered
596 Posts
gpm make a aftermarket foam bumper kit for the TL-01. they are sold by rc mart. also you could dodgy one to fit from a tg-10 but you will have to get creative for this one

To be honest i am not too impreessed with the high torque servo saver made by tamiya. kimborough honestly make a better one. I am using the small zize one on my evo3. I paid 20 bux for it is is a bit much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes cool..will have to have a look...

ill try the foam bumper as zoomer mentioned...that should take less strain of the servo in a crash..

Nismo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts