Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got the serpent 411 and i'm looking to get started anyone willing to help

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Yeah, send it to me, chill out and have a surf. PICS PICS!!!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
?? is what you goign to do with it are you going to drift or race onroad

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
So I assume you will be running at the MPRCCC Hoggy? Best you go for a trundle down there today then and see what tyres the other blokes are running. There is no one tyre suits all track solutions in on or offroad racing for that matter, nothing beats local knowledge. Best you start in 540 or 21.5 class, if you start in 13.5 you are running way above beginner's class, which will be fine if you have a bit of experience. Judging by your thread title you are only just beginning yer? Either way just get out there and have fun, don't let it get too serious at the start. :D

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
As wobbly suggested, go for a look and check what others are using....the other thing to do...before you go and buy anything, ring the club you intend on running with, and ask for a spec sheet for their current season requirements, they may have a certain tyre/motor/ESC/battery/body shell set as a control item.

For instance, they may insist on Blinky ESC, or a specific brand tyre, most will have a motor limit and some even tell you what brand motor you can use, bodies are another one that is usually controlled, and they will tell you what mods are allowed or required to be eligible to run whatever class you will be entering.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts