Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Just thought Id get the ball rolling for the next bash.

Any suggestions for date or location ? Keeping in mind that we have people coming from both coasts.

Ive been looking for a quarry or a motor cross track or similar but
without much luck. We can always use the Tingalpa BMX track again, just
have to hose and rake it after we finish and we can always go to
Murrarie again. Ipswich has a very good BMX track but its a bit hard to
organise everyone to get out there.

Keeping the location kinda close to the Gateway seems to work well because everyone knows the Gateway and its easy to get to.

Regards

Dan

·
Registered
472 Posts
ill need about another 2 weeks to get the parts in to rebuild my evader, so anytime after then, im in !

·
Registered
761 Posts
I should have my savage up and running by next tuesday.. thats when the throttle linkage thingy i ordered from mark will be arriving.. his service is AWESOME. I ordered the little 90 degree angle part that connects to the carb and sits on the side of the tvp.. its also aluminimum and anodized blue

Dan / Jono,

Whatta ya know.. my front 13 tooth has 2 consecutive missing teeth. It works alright but i will get a new one soon enough. And i got that pin and spring installed into the engine today at mr toys and mentioned how i wanna turn it brushless.. they didnt believe it. Ah well.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Oh BTW.. About the part i ordered..

The reason i chose to get it from Mark, and to get aluminimum was..

1. From towerhobbies it was only the plastic part which comes on a parts tree which is $25 - $30 AUS + like $10 US air postage. BOO!!!

2. Rang Mark, He said plastic parts tree is $16.05 AUS, and aluminimum kit thingy was $16. I asked if AUSRC members get a discount, and my express postage came down to $1.. YES ONE DOLLAR.

KICKASS!!!!

So i immediatly ordered the part from Mark instead. I can see myself doing business with him again in the future as getting a part cheaper and not other crap i dont want plus it being here this tuesday instead of in 3 weeks is much better.

·
Registered
477 Posts
star- isnt this thread about SEQ bash #2 dates/location etc?? and you hijacked the tread by telling us why you ordered a part from someone

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
How about 26 September. Why not go straight down to Murrarie under the bridge?

Regards,

Chris

·
Registered
472 Posts
i might be up the sunny coast at that time, ill find out closer to the date but it is holidays which is a bonus

·
Registered
472 Posts
ohhh and i can hear me and dan saying it... I TOLD YOU SO
next time dont argue and listen to us

·
Registered
472 Posts
will find out in the next 2 days but i may be giving the next bash a miss as i have just found a LC torana with no rust (rust has been cut and welded) and im excited as...jus gotta hear back from the guy and have alook..will fill use in soon

·
Registered
477 Posts
milknbutter said:
What does "SEQ" mean?

Savage Eats Queen?

south east queensland

also if that in the holidays..ill be at dicky beach..so i may be able to get picked up by braze if he goes..as he just lives down the road from where im going..

depend sif its the first or second week of the holis though..

·
Registered
761 Posts
Ryan,

Well sorry but in the last SEQ post everyone was tellin me i need new parts so i thought id let everyone know its all comin and ill be goin to the next bash.. unless i go away.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Star Guitar said:
Ryan,

Well sorry but in the last SEQ post everyone was tellin me i need new parts so i thought id let everyone know its all comin and ill be goin to the next bash.. unless i go away.

lol, ok i forgive u..lol

·
Registered
477 Posts
Star Guitar said:
Lol..

Ryan are you comin to the next bash to RUN your truck?

if i havent sold it by then yes..and also if the stupid hobby shop has got my clutchbell in!! damn hobby haven..lol i ripped all their stickers off my truck now..taken 6 weeks and still no 16t clutchbell...they say theres nun in the country..what a load of [email protected]!

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Guys I put up that date as a "starter". If everyone is going to be away - then someone suggest another day?

What about the venue? Please don't answer "Southside" - can we have some specifics. Otherwise I am keen to try out Murrarie.

Thanks,

Chris.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Chris,

The Beenleigh BMX Track would be alright as a starter spot, it has open field for high speed runs, BMX track, Skatepark including half pipes and fun boxes and next to the field is some MX jumps. Lots of different things in one spot to wreck your trucks on.

Ryan,

Damn right !!! I woulda ripped the stickers off and set them alight if it took that long.. screw 6 weeks you could of gotten one from USA and air posted it and had it by now.. Hobby shops are useless these days unless its on their shelves or its fuel.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anydate is fine with me aslong as its a sunday.

Murrarie is more of a "bash" spot, its isnt a track by any strech of
the imagination. I am always on the lookout for more tracks or places
to go but I will keep you posted. One thing with Murrarie is that it is
a construction site so its state changes from one weekend to the next,
just something to keep in mind because eventually it will be 100%
concrete .........

·
Registered
761 Posts
Construction sites are always good, except when their tiny ones.. and the one we went to was HUGE. Like an acre of dirt and piles of dirt.

·
Registered
116 Posts
what about rochedale bike track, there is a big carpark, a big bmx track, and a few cement halfpipes.

and its just off the gateway

1 - 20 of 119 Posts