Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know anything about the Schumacher Mi1?

I think it is pretty new, but I am thinking of buying one to setup as a drifter.

I have never had a shcumacher but only read good things about them.

This is the kit.........

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...acher-Mi1-1-10-Electric-Touring-Car-Assembled

Its about $30 cheaper if you buy it as a kit, at the moment I cant be bothered building a kit which I normally would, so this time I am going to buy it assembled.

Stay tuned for further pics and info.....

·
Registered
219 Posts
There not new. There a re-release.

I have the original Mi1 that I use for drifting.
They are a very basic chassis that will do the job.
However they are a little difficult to get parts for.

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really liked the look of this and yes A-Main have heaps of spares, I would have liked a Aussie shop to stock parts for if and when parts break. So I deceid not to get one and went for a yokomo drift package.

The yokomo MR4TC has been around for a while now and parts are easy enough to get. Although I never broke mine. SOme say they are weak but I am going on my previous experience with one. Plus I really like there D1 drift bodies, there are expensive in shops like HH but mine came with one and I have bought a new one also from Hong Kong for about $50 delivered. Stay tuned for a thread with pics

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yes I do have pics, as cut and pasted from another forum.

Thought I should post up a pic or two of my good old Schumacher mission that I use for drifting.

Its basically made from all the left over bits I had floating around. This was the car that I ran in 540 for some time, then retired till recently. So it basically owes me nothing.

It still runs the 540 at the moment, but as I have a good 17.5 brushelss doing nothing that will go in it. I run a locked front diff and a nice tight rear diff.

I've been sorting out a way of doing a CS conversion, so that might be on the cards shortly.

So anyway here are a couple of pics.

As it was when running 540 (still looks the same to be honest)

Spent 10 mins painting a shell

And another 10 putting some stickers on to make it "look" a little more drifty.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Double post to get you all the pics.

Managed to work out a slight CS mod for the car on the weekend.

Just using my spare Schumacher parts I can get about a 18% CS ratio.

Just need to sort out the belt tensioner or get a shorter belt for the front.

Had to do a bit of a "modification" to the top plate to get it all to work.

Now just need my new speedy to turn up so i can give it some brushless power.

So this is how the mission should be set up. It has one belt to the rear diff then the belt runs from the rear diff to the front.

And this is what I have converted it to. Now it has a belt for the rear and one for the front.

As I have had to offset the spur I cant get a proper mesh either.

Also thought I should set it at drift spec camber as well.

Now that I know A-main have heaps of spares I can do a proper CS mod to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts