Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm gettin a savvy 25 soon and iam tryin to get find out as much info about them as i can.i was looking at savge-central.com. i came across a forum talking about the tank leaning out as the tank is half empty?has this happened to any1 here

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yes, it will lean out. Look at the Duel Tank Mod on S-C. Ive done it and it works great.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i think i will do it ,man i can't wait for the savvy it will be sweet just have to sell the ps2 should get about 400-450 for it

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
i have an older tank or something. coz mine aint lean out.. and the
previous owner races buggies.. so he would know about if its lean.. and
he said he never had a problem!.. so i dunno if its just me not
realising.. or its an older tank!???

cheers

.. still dual tank mod = cheap.. so might as well!.. i will probably do it when i order parts from over seas..

·
Registered
761 Posts
Whether you are noticing its leaning process or not, its happening and theres nothing you can say that will change that. It's been proven by over 2000 members minimum on www.savage-central.com, HPI has also found it to be an issue.

The +'s of the Duel Tank Mod are:

Longer run times.

No Leaning Out.

The -'s of the Duel Tank Mod are:

Some people think it looks ugly.

Fire,

You might not be noticing it because of these two possible reasons:

1. Your a Nitro Newbie, and cannot see/hear/tell that its doing it.
2. Your running rich, so when it leans out its still rich enough for you not to notice it.

If your truck runs at about 250F - 270F after about 15 - 20 minutes of running higher speeds, then as it leans out it will hit about 300F and you will easily notice it.

Although if your running at about 210F - 230F (Lower Temps), then it will only lean out to around 250F or so. Therefore its not as noticable.Edited by: Star Guitar

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Star Guitar.. i think its a bit of both... im a newb to nitro.. and running fairly rich.. so yeah.. i dont notice it...

ill tune it up eventually..
cheers

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I thought HPI changed the 25 tank pickup point to the rear to stop this happening? (thats the one without the primer)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yes, but it still leans out around the halfway mark of the tank. The .21 Savage Tank also leans out, but its at about 3/4 empty.

Either the Ofna Tank Mod, or the Duel Tank Mod, will solve the leaning issue.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
The 25 RTR tank has alleviated the majority of the leaning issues. On the 21's the pickup was on the front of the tank - yeah like that's gunna work - and it leaked nicely thanks to the primer. Everytime you acceleratedafter the 1/2 tank mark, the fuel rushed away from the pickup.

The dual tank mod was designed to assist or the poor old 21 owners, but is not as essential for those with the non primer, rear pickup 25 tank.

I have a different view to Star on where it starts to lean out though. On the 25 I think it is probably about the last 1/8 of the tank. Anytank where the fuel can slosh around will start to draw air into the line towards the last portion of the tank. Thats why the header tank, which basically remains full for the duration of the run, prevents this.

I have not done the dual tank mod and do not suffer from noticable leaning on my truck.

Regards,

Chris

·
Registered
472 Posts
instead of buying a new savage do you wanna buy a already modded savage? with 4 litres of fuel and everyhting to run the beast? if so call me on 0438211507 or 32997045 and we can talk.

jus another options instead of buying a new truck, and you get everything to run it with from me

·
Registered
761 Posts
Chris,

When you say the last 1/8 of the tank, i totally agree with you, but by saying around the 3/4 mark, its making it a more general area because not everyones will lean at the EXACT same point as other peoples trucks. 3/4 of the tank is just a general starting point to where it leans out.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
I have the updated 25 tank and i rekon it leans out at about 1/8 tank. However i recently re routed all the fuel line and took out about 20cm of line and it now leans out earlier say 1/5 tank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts