Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, well my new toy has arrived.

I had a bit of a soldering session lastnight prior to binding the crawler. I converted my 2s packs over to ec5's, just to be uniform.

I bought this crawler of off CiLyX and it turned up yesterday.

I am pretty happy with the car and it is my first crawler, it's definitely not as fast as the baja, but I can see it being a lot of fun and some careful and precise driving too.

I am sure you all know what they look like, but here is mine.

At the moment she is bog stock I reckon and will stay like that for now, but like all good intentions, I am sure that will change.

Cheers Dave.

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
Congrats on the new aquisition....I am sure you will have loads of fun with that, and there are heaps of hop ups available for the SCX10's....should keep you poor for ages : )

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yeah well done of the new truck, they are a great rig, I run mine in the local comp series and with the right upgrade's they are very capable hey..

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I have a nickname for the car now - 2 Dogs.

The pic will be self explanotory:)

I have put a pack or two through it out the front and it was great actually.

Since I am new to this crawler thing and the honcho for that matter, are there any things I should keep an eye out for? What about maintenance on a car like this.

Cheers Dave.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Buy yourself some marine grease and use it to grease the diff/transmission, not to much on the gears or it will bind up, but you can fully pack axel tubes to stop water/dust getting in there

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
Keep an eye on the set screws that lock the shafts to the box and diffs, they have a habit of becoming loose

1 - 7 of 7 Posts