Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a newXTM pro for my savage of ebay for$91 US !!!

My plan wasto keeprunning thes25 until it died, but as soon as the xtm arrived i just couldnt resist

I have about 10 tanks through it now and its stillpretty rich butim really starting to like this engine. Anyway i have a short vid (3.7 meg) of my savage with the new motor for anyone that may be interested.

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=36215

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Herb,

Sure looks like it's getting up and going OK... you'll need a bigger track to get the best out of it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
omg 91$ Us that cheap as. i got mine for $157 US. ive got 2 tanks through mine.

Anyway what stock settings are you running with the pro? HSN 3 and LSN 8 turns out?

Why didn't you do the xtm pro break-in method of leaning it out every tank?

Rodden

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did follow the XTM break in procedure, though it still needs a bit more tunning.

8 turns on the LSN is not right for the pro. I know thats what it says in the manual but i belive thats for the standard XTM 247and notfor the pro. If i did 8 turns on the LSN the screw would almost fall out.

Ihad a look at global hobby forum wherei found out that the LSN should be 3 turns for break in. Theres is alot of good info about the engine there,if you have probs or need help its certainly worth a look.

Heres a link

http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/globalforum/index.php

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it was a good pick up, but i was a little worried because of how cheap it was. But everything turned out great.

·
Registered
477 Posts
yes i was correct in every other forum!! told ya's al lit wasnt 8 turns out

herb, what is your LSn set on?

·
Registered
477 Posts
you will know if you have anew carb if your LSN needle falls out at 8 turns out..and i think the old carb had 3 needles?? not sure..but the new one only has a lsn and a hsn..if it has 3..then i would think it is the old one..

·
Registered
117 Posts
when you say 3 what do you mean, i have the hsn, lsn and the idle screw. Thats 3.. hmm..

and yes the lsn screw does fall out at8 turns out?

·
Registered
477 Posts
ok, you have a new carb then

well with some older style engines..like a force .2 etc..and the stock sva yengine.. they have 3 tuning needles.. 2 LSN needles and 1 hsn needle..plus the idle screw..whereas most newer engines have only 2 tuning needles..1 hsn and 1 lsn..

sort of know what i mean??

ryan

·
Registered
117 Posts
yeh i get it. I've only ever expierenced the newer engines so i didn't understand thanks for your help. Lucky ive only been doing 2 tanks of HSN 3 and LSN 7 turns out of break- in!

·
Registered
117 Posts
okk guys im a bit stuck. Todayi started her up with 3 turns HSn And LSN and i was running it for bout 5 minutes took the temp and it read 328degrees fareinheight (however you spell it) so i imediately shut it down. Should it be reading this temp on break - in and on stock settings! I think i might try 8 turns out on lsn, just to see what happens!

anyway any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
761 Posts
X said:
ok, you have a new carb then

well with some older style engines..like a force .2 etc..and the stock sva yengine.. they have 3 tuning needles.. 2 LSN needles and 1 hsn needle..plus the idle screw..whereas most newer engines have only 2 tuning needles..1 hsn and 1 lsn..

sort of know what i mean??

ryan

S-25 has 2 needle carb.

·
Registered
477 Posts
rodden said:
okk guys im a bit stuck. Todayi started her up with 3 turns HSn And LSN and i was running it for bout 5 minutes took the temp and it read 328degrees fareinheight (however you spell it) so i imediately shut it down. Should it be reading this temp on break - in and on stock settings! I think i might try 8 turns out on lsn, just to see what happens!

anyway any help would be appreciated.

328F
your lucky she didnt die..

in the pm you sent me you said the temp was 228F

my engine is running 240F to 250F which is for optimal performance..any more and your pushing it..

Edited by: X

·
Registered
117 Posts
ok welli put it back to HSN 3 and LSN 8 and ran it. And it ran perfectly temps were 240 and running like a champ. I know i have the new carb, maybe the new SH .25 Pro's manuals are fixed and theproblem on the engine is fixed. Maybe its justs the older XTM 24.7 Pro that doesn't want to be run with these settings.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
328 F isto high, just do what works for you rodden. If it runs fine and the temps are good with the LSN set at 8 leave it at that. I am currently running about HSN 2 3/4 and LSN 2 1/2 and i have no probs with temp andruns perfect.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts