Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,

Is there *any* way to keep the wretched left rear wheel attached to a Savage? I'm fast running out of the stupid reverse thread nuts. I'm tightening till I feel like I'm going to strip it, nothing seems to keep the damn thing on. Is there some trick to it? So far I've tried:

. threadlock

. ZAP (!!!)

. Curses

. Prayers

. Voodoo dances

. Sacrificial opening of a cat

Nothing works (although the cat thing was fun:). Come on, it MUST be possible. With the stupoid reverse thread you can't even use a lock nut.

HELP!!!!
Mike

·
Registered
660 Posts
i have never had a problem. i just check evry tank to make sure the nuts are ok

·
Registered
761 Posts
Buy a set of the normal threaded shaft thingy and wheel nuts. Incase your unsure, the BLACK ones. Chuck them in and get the silver ones out and you shouldnt have a problem.

ozdork said:
So far I've tried:

. threadlock

. ZAP (!!!)

. Curses

. Prayers

. Voodoo dances

. Sacrificial opening of a cat

HAHA Funny Stuff.
Edited by: Star Guitar

·
Registered
561 Posts
Dude,

i would be amazed if loctite 242 or 243 ( cant recall the precise number ) came loose

give it a go

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
loctite RED.. VERY STONG STUFF!!.. never comes off

·
Registered
270 Posts
Think u will find the hex inside your rim is rounded.

So when the tyre is spinning when it shouldnt be it is unscrewing the nut

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Mike,

Did you use the correct type of cat? Because it is the LEFT wheel you need to use an Asian variety of cat, like a Siamese / Persian / Burmese etc.

Similarly, VooDoo is best used on the RIGHT side nuts, for the left you need to try fresh urine passed by a Buddist Monk. The problem is it will need to be applied while still warm and between the hours of 1600 & 1700 GMT.

Other than those the best I could suggest is CA glue.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Or just buy the right hand side parts and put them onto the left side and you have no problem then...

Such as the black wheel nuts, and Shaft thingy.

·
Registered
472 Posts
the idea has crossed my head to get dads oxy out of the shed but it would melt the rims

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.