Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i've been building my SS and have it fairly complete now, but the wheels are on funny angles - Like toe out on the front? WTF?

Can someone please measure their controll rods and tell me what length they are ment to be - I fillowed the setup in the manual, but it just looks wrong...

Could someone measeure the marked distances for front and rear - the manual said 44mm for the front and 44.5mm for the rear.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Morphy, you probably don't want to hear this but I just measured mine (Savage 25 RTR) and the front is 44mm with the back at 45mm. Best as I could hold the tape measure.

BTW... Any chance of you getting out for a bash with us today?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, no fuel. Am going to make sure everything is A-OK before i start to kick du bitch over....

Does yours look as skew if as mine?

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Wow!!! That is way out
sorry i couldn't help myself!! Cant you adjust the rods to have the wheels pointing straight? I run mine with slight toe in.

Hmm...... Fuel, now theres something i forgot to get yesterday!!!! Hopefully i can squeeze a couple of tanks out of the dregs i have left.

Look foreward to next weekend then

cheers

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
You dont have to go by what the ruler or instructions say! The allignment was clearly wrong, all you have to do is twist the tie rods untill you get the desired allignment

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah was going to wing it - my wooden ruler has shrunk? or just simply made wrong. That should teach me from stealling from school all thoes years ago...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts