Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've changed my mind again, and now I'm weighing up my options between a Stadium Truck or a 1/8th Monster truck. AUSRC's enthusiasm for his mighty Savage has left me wondering whether I should go one step higher in capacity and size.

Back to the subject - I've noticed that the Kyosho Mad Force / Mad Armour is slightly cheaper than the Savage and comes with a 3 speed gearbox standard.

Does anyone have any thoughtson the performance/durability of the Kyosho vs HPI?

The Kyosho has a .21 engine standard, but if it was upgraded with the Pico .26 and mated with the standard 3 speed - surely that would be a good thing?

Jerrah

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
The RCX edition Mad Force is a special issue for USA only, it comes with the OS engine. As far as I'm told, there is no plans to sell this edition outside of USA, as Kyosho is more than happy with their standard GS21.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far - the significant differences I have discovered are:

MF - Plastic 3 speed. Plastic diff gears. Solid axles. .21 engine standard. 2 shoe clutch. Singleshock per wheel.Good at climbing, bouncy on jumps...

Sav - Steel gear 2 speed. Steel diff gears, independent suspension (longer travel maybe), .25 engine, 3 shoe clutch (on RTR) Dual shocks per wheel.

Savage is looking pretty good, although I would really like to hear from anyone who has actually seen a Mad Force running...

JerrahEdited by: jerrah

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks HiRisk,

The lack of radio gear isn't a huge concern to me as I have a few spare servos and radio gear from a previous rc project in the past.

What do you love about the Mad Force? I've been searching around the net and there are few websites with the Mad Force (reviewed or personal) compared to the Savage. Just trying to make an informed decision before I part with lots of money.

·
Registered
204 Posts
It is a fasination that I have had for a while now. I just think that out of all the monster trucks available the Mad Force is the Toughest and most genuine looking, they just look so beefy!!

Also, I like the concept of the three speed and also like the fact that it is very simple in design, which means less breakages and mainteance.

You really need to focus on what exactly you want from your truck and this will then determin the best Rig for you.

1) TO RACE WITH - The Savage
2) TO BASH HARD WITH - Either Truck
3) TO HILL CLIMB - Mad Force
4) TO ROCK CLIMB - Mad Force
5) BIG AIR - The Savage

They both really are great trucks but they are just suited to different things.

Kyosho do make great engines that are easy to tune and run very reliably. But HPI have really come of age lately and seem to be making good progress with their engines too.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
761 Posts
HIRISK said:
Will said:
plastic giff gears? How does the mad force handle the power of a big-block?
Honestly? The answer is Kyosho quality. Everything they build gets build well.

I Disagree.

My Kyosho Ultima ST Electric Stadium Truck with a simple stock 20 turn motor and a 2400 battery the gearbox was constantly ripped apart until i got sick of it and threw it in the box. I Didnt even bash it hard and it was utterly annoying. The savage is built much better than a mad force, the savage is simply much better designed and stronger.

G

·
Hiya guys........First time posting here.

www.madforce.netThis is for JARRAH......you should find all you need there.

I`ve got a madforce and let me tell you, when your up pulling wheelies all the way to 3rd gear you can`t help but smile the whole way too!!!! The scale looks are what convinced me to buy the MF plus it was different to all those other trucks. Don`t get me wrong....I`ve got a terracrusher too.

The MF does have steel diff gears.......the front pinion and crownwheel are alluminium and the rear is steel. It uses alot of parts from the Inferno so parts can be swapped over, even hopups! For an almost bulletproof diff, the hardened bevel gears from the Savage diff fit straight in the MF!!

Hope this helps.....later

G

·
That`s what I`ve done zoomer. First thing I did when I started to build the MF. It`s lasted 4 months with the 24.7 running on RWD....with the stock engine they would last considerably longer.

The savege bevels are hardened steel whereas the kyosho originals are cast alloy..thus putting the savage ones in would be alot better for the long run.

Chris

·
Registered
204 Posts
Star Guitar said:
The savage is built much better than a mad force, the savage is simply much better designed and stronger.
Star Guitar, have you ever owned a Mad Force??

Big call to make, thats all.

I have just sold my Savage and ordered an RCX Edition Mad Force from the States. It should be here next week. So I will be able to give a first hand view on which is stronger or better designed.

I actually feel the Madforce will be a stronger truck, it has less moving parts in the suspension which makes it a lot more durable.

Also, I think that the simple design of the Madforce actually works in its favour.

But time will tell. I can't wait for the new beast to arrive.

G

·
My mate owns aMadforce and on the speed side it kicks any trucks assso with durability. Jumping stock aint too good as its too bouncy but with acouple of mods its smooth sailing. Its really personal opinion if you want a realistic looking Monster truck(like Ozcrusher said) buy it you wont regret it. But if you want a jumper grab a savage.

If you want questions answered ask Ozcrusher.

Thanks

domenicEdited by: domsavage

1 - 17 of 17 Posts