Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got it as you can tell,

already run 1 tank through and so far so good just put on some skids and bumper and so mambos with big joes.My ramtechs are on the way . pics arent the best quality as having probs resizing a keeping pics clear

cruzn2

·
Registered
371 Posts
How much did it cost and where'd you buy it from

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
yep, now you are trapped! Prepare to spend countless dollars on it
Its worth it

Nice ride tot sure about the bumper though.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have a different view on that bumper.. WHERE AND HOW MUCH

That looks similar to those T/E Maxx RPM bumpers they look shweet. I wouldnt mind getting me one of those but due to theunusually small amount of money i have.. due to savage and no job of course, i cant buy hop ups. Parents dont help either
. Oh Well.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
if i had that bumper the past sunday i would be annoyed that it broke. It would have for sure. alloy is for show, plactic for go

·
Registered
761 Posts
husky said:
if i had that bumper the past sunday i would be annoyed that it broke. It would have for sure. alloy is for show, plactic for go

Oh So True. Except the RPM bumper which i would rather haveis in fact plastic

·
Registered
477 Posts
alloy for show and plastic for go?? hmm not too sure about that!!

unless u have lots of money to keep on replacing the plastic stuff....maybe...but i know with my xfactor.. with the alloy.. it is ALOT stronger and more durable!!

the only other thing i'd get if i could would be titanium!

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
difference is X that you dont have landings from 15 feet. On a crawler alloy is good cos its stiffer and maybe more durable. But i am yet to break a single plastic part
andIve had the savy for a year. Thats a lot of bad landings

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
husky said:
difference is X that you dont have landings from 15 feet. On a crawler alloy is good cos its stiffer and maybe more durable. But i am yet to break a single plastic part
andIve had the savy for a year. Thats a lot of bad landings

Yep and I have had some shocker landing too... the plastic just flexes and rarely breaks... alloy on the other hand, doesn't hand severe impacts very well.

Different horses for different courses.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well firstly thanks for the comments

secondly the bumper and skids are Gpm gear ordered from mark at MRC ,fantastic price and service.

Truck was Purchased from Ace hobbies in the USA for $399 + shipping and $100 on my end for Tax(bloody ups) but it was here in 5 days unopened by customes and unmarked and in perfect condition - worth the shipping cost cause service was exellent --imo

The bumper looks awsome and is mostly for show , i donyt know if i will use it for bashin as my Dom bumper looks shocking and i dont want to keep forking out for replasement bumps, i think i will use the plastic one when i got out jumpin and so on it only takes 4 screws to change it over.

as for the skid plates they are there to be abused and to protect body

my dom which i can not get skids for is due for a new chassis very soon as i have wore away the front...

Thanks cruzn2

Sav -25

mambo's + big joes

rb063 pipe, hitec 945 steering servo , venom temp, venom speed meterand ofna failsafe.

Steering and throttle mod on the way as well as rxtc landcruiser body and ram tech rims. also a few more alloy bits on the way and brake upgrade.

HAsnt even seen dirt yet and it cost me xxxx but its all for the love of the game isnt it

Gpm fuel tank guard , front\rear skids and front bumper

Edited by: cruzn2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts