Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help out I recenctly got a SS built it broke it in everthing as per the directions, Ive been tuning it the past couple days but yesterday I gave it some gas and it just started whining and little sparks started to shoot out of the clutch
does anyone know what the hell I did ?

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Sparks? Logic tellsme it is therefore a metalon metal issue.

Only thing you can do is whip the engine out and pop the clutch bell off. It may be that one of your clutch springs was incorrectly installed and is now running around the inside of the clutch bell.

Irrespective of what it is, you have no alternative but to pull the engine out, remove the clutch bell and inspect it.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
204 Posts
Also, don't forget to check that it is shimmed correctly to ensure correct clearance between the base of the Clutch Bell and the Face of the Flywheel.

What AUSRC said is also a strong possibility. So have a look for scratches on the inside of your CB as this may give you an idea of what is hitting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info, it was running on the ground driving around no problem then it it was moving very little even at higher rpm when I took of the body I gave the throtle a little squeeze and saw the sparks coming out of the clutch bell. ill be pulling the engine in the next few days to see what I can find

1 - 5 of 5 Posts