Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you use, and how much do you pay?

Does your selection effect what fuel to use?

·
Registered
660 Posts
i still using the stock one that came with the car i believe it is a HPI R4 but the last glow plug i bought for my rex cost me around 11.00 at the hoppy place in melbourne it was an OS #8 Are these any good for the savage.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
25% Nitro and OS A5 Plugs.

I pay $16.39US for 3 (call it $7.75 Aussie each). I think RMS in Perth sells plugs rather cheap.

Regards,

Chris

·
Registered
761 Posts
I use OS 8 plugs, i think their $10 dollars but ive bought one from Mr Toys at springwood, got another free which was awesome, the others ive gotten from towerhobbies with orders but the OS 8 plugs are great, although i need a spare...

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Star Guitar said:
... although i need a spare...

SG,

I throw 3 in to every 2nd order with Tower to save on the postage - just checked my tool box - have 8 spare A5's sitting in there at the moment - never can have too many...

Regards,

Chris.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
you can usually find them on ebay by the card. Theres 6 per card for $40 i think. Plus $1 shipping. All AU dollars

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Husky,

Thats a good buy - #8's or A5's?

Regards,

Chris

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
they were os #8, but there used to be every type all the way down to R5's. I had a look last week if there were any leftbut there all gone. So i had to goto LHS and pay $11.50 for a #8

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
its only starting bid. The ones i saw was buy it now. Bugger, i wish i got them when they were still up for grabs

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Whoa.... just checked the Radio Model Supplies website - they have OS A5 glowplugs on special for $5.95... think mysparesmay have just doubled in numbers.... The cheapest I have ever gotten these from Tower is about $7.00 when the exchange rate was good.

They don't have a price on #8's, but with this special I don't think they would be even close. Normally they are slightly cheaper... but $5.95 for A5's - Holy Crap!

Postage is a bit rude... that's the only downside - $9.95 normal, $12.95 overnight (and insured - ask KyoshoKev). Youneed someone inPerth to pick 'em up and post 'em over.

Regards,

Chris

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
husky said:
they were os #8, but there used to be every type all the
way down to R5's. I had a look last week if there were any
leftbut there all gone. So i had to goto LHS and pay $11.50 for a

which LHS u go to.. mine doesnt have them... and also.. do they have the hot plugs... (a5's)

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Fire said:
and also.. do they have the hot plugs... (a5's)

OS Plugs run:
<UL>
<LI>A3 - Hot</LI>
<LI>#8 - Warm</LI>
<LI>A5 - Cool</LI>
<LI>R5 - Cold</LI>[/list]

Don't know if the "Hot", "Cold" terms are right, but that is the order.

Regards,

Chris

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
awsome...

since im having a hard time finding glow plugs... say a WARM one.. (OS #8). .. could some 1 sell me one?

ill pay by direct deposit..(i cant really do much else) in to bank!

also.. if ur willing to sell.. how much
?.. shipping should only be 50 cents... normal envelope?

now.. what do u guys suggest for melbourne?.. if any of u are from
here... i currently have a REALLY hot one.. (from USA.. dont know what
it is).. but it wont start unless i have the engine heated previously
by a hair dryer!!!...

and i tried my neighbours cheap glow plug.. and it works fine.. but i would prefer quality...???.. cheers

·
Registered
660 Posts
yes fire today i bought two OS#8 for 8.95 each from a place in the city i can sell you one or how many u want PM me if u want to buy them

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
hey ppl.. i went to that shop in the city... Hearns Hobbies on Flinders.. and its got OS #8 glowplugs for $7.95 each...

so thats pretty good for melbourne + no shipping costs!.. and no
waiting.. next time u go past flinders station.. park ur car.. and buy
some

i bought 1... tried to use it.. but it didnt wanna start
.. unless i warmed it up.. like my HOT glow plug!.. .. HMM?

·
Registered
256 Posts
ok so this thred is a little old
but are McCoy-mc8 any good to use??

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
I recall Zoomer posting a plug conversion chart that showed what brand plug matched what.... I'll see if I can find it

·
Registered
899 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff>
<T>
<TR>
<TD class=bold width="20%" bgColor=#fafbfc><A name=40023></A>Skidd</TD>
<TD class=smText width="80%" bgColor=#fafbfc>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD class=smText width="80%">Posted: 07March2005 at 5:57am | IP Logged </TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

What are you doing up at 5:57am?!!?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.