Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Savage is now 4WD again! :) I can't wait to drive it!

But back on topic - as I promised before - here are the pictures of my new Skid Plates from MRC Model Car Parts.

I think they look cool and they fit more snuggly over the diffs than my original plastic skids. I believe they also make the chassis much stiffer, but with the OEM plastic bumper fitted I think there will be enough give for some wild roll over accidents.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Jerrah,

Where is the shot from underneath to give us a good look at things? Or do we have to wait until you are back at the race track to see your truck on it's lid.....

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AUSRC:

Shot is coming - I'll take one in a sec.

nellyneil:

Give me a break - I drove the car Sunday afternoon (verging on dark), and took the photo when I got home from work the following day. If I don't get the monster truck dirty - I'm not getting my moneys worth.

However - the shot from underneath will be dirty due to Nitro oil and dirt mixed together... :S

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...Or do we have to wait until you are back at the race track to see your truck on it's lid..

At least my truck would be shiny side up.

All I need is a silver centre plate and I'll be able to blind you as I cartwheel past.
Edited by: jerrah

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
jerrah said:
All I need is a silver centre plate and I'll be able to blind you as I cartwheel past.

LOL. Looks good, as much as I have always said I would avoid the "bling", I may just have to hook in.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bling is fine as long as it has a functional purpose and doesn't cause a decrease in performance. I only plan on replacing items which provide strengthening - and leaving parts which currentlyprovide shock absorbing crumple protection.

For instance - I imagine with the alloychassis braces and alloy skid plates I am less likely to bend a TVP. But I'm going to leave the plastic bumper on because I don't want to land on the nose and make the skid into a diff hugging piece.

Jerrah.

·
Registered
472 Posts
very very nice, jus got paid today :D god i love maccas..tho they pay us nothing, so im gonna give mark an email and see what hop ups i can pick up!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Hey AUSRC, what wrong with the WOW factor?

in one word: ....nice....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts