Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Friend really needs help with his Savage 25 and as we live in a small country town we don't have many places to take our cars for advice.

Anyway what is going wrong is that the car is getting extremely hot from idalling and he has just completed his 3rd tank of fuel. The thing is, he went out an bought 15% nitro over here in Australia when I use 25% in my Savage 25 and it runs like a treat and never overheats. His fuel has 18% oil unlike mine which has 16% as the manufacturer suggests. He has 20% fuel with 18% oil which he uses in his Traxxas Nitro sport and he was wondering whether or not he should run the in his car. The question is would 5% make a lot of difference? and is there any chance that this can damage his car. He really needs help as he bought the car off me a nd mine is going great and I think that he is starting to think that I gave him the buggered one. It has also been recommended that he should get some 25% hotstuff fuel...would this be a good idea?
Anyway I would truly appreciate it if anyone can come up with some adive for my friend

·
Registered
405 Posts
How are you measuring the temperatures of your friends car? I'd suggest using something like this Infrared Temp Gauge.

If the engine runs too hot it can damage it- but without measuring just how hot it is you won't know.

Also the temperature of the car is probably due to it running too lean. Try richening the high end needle. When running different fuels (and even with different ambient temperatures) you will need to tune the S-25 motor to run best.

Jerrah.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
If its running hot while idling, richen up the LSN. How hot is it running though

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is still at factory settings, infact the high speed is probably a bit richer so the needles shouldn't be the problem

·
Registered
405 Posts
Factory settings aren't always correct for your engine- you have to tune for your conditions. Even changing your altitude can make a big difference as well as the ambient temperature!

Jerrah.

·
Registered
58 Posts
one thing that springs to mind is air leaks is the backplate sealed and the neck of the carbie with high temp silicone maybe the head is starting to come loose is the glow plug the right type and ok somtimes the LSN needs to come out and lube the Orings with grease have the number of gaskets between head and sleeve been changed a rough way and i mean rough way to estimate temps is put spit on top of cooling head if it sizzles and disappears quickly then miles too hot hope this helps

·
Registered
793 Posts
higher percentage of nitro will make it run hotter, i wouldnt go higher than 15%... for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts