Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a body for my savage to have as the bash body. Just wondering if there are any that might hold up better than others, or tips to make them stronger.

I was thinking of using selastic and rigid plastic sheet to reinforce the 'weak points'...

·
Registered
405 Posts
I just recently bought a Proline F350 standard length (not extended).

It feels strong, but it isn't as thick as the Proline F150 bodies.

I'll let you know how I go, and post some pictures after I've painted it.

Jerrah.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be sweet - did you get it here in aus - just looked at tower - its cheaper to buy from the lhs than importing from the us...

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
get a proline body. There heaps dtronget than the HPI bodies i have. Proline bodies are the only ones i have to cut out using a jig saw. Others can be cut easily with scissors

·
Registered
405 Posts
My Proline F350 body came from Tower, our lhs doesn't have much in the way of 1/8th scale bodies...

Jerrah.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
husky.. when u mean thicker.. do u mean.. thick enough not to be flimzy
and flexible?.. i always thought they were like steal when i was
looking @ pictures .. then i got it.. and im like.. hrmmm..

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
yeah thicker. Youll find all the bodies are made from the same stuff(lexan) but my proline ones are much thicker than others. They are still flimsy but they take a bigger beating

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Morphy said:
I was thinking of using selastic and rigid plastic sheet to reinforce the 'weak points'...

I've got some bout 1mm clear plastic - about twise as rigid as transparencies. Was thinking of cutting it and gluing it into the body with silicon to make the body strong as. Has anyone tried something like this?

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
You only really need reinforcment around the body mounting holes and above the rear wheel arch. I would use epoxy rather than silicone though

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thought epoxy might shatter in a large impact - was opting for something with a little bend. Yet another use for shoe goo?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts