Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got through the first tenk of fuel on my brand new Savage 25 rtr. It was a pain in the butt! Oh well I am now on my fourth tank and it is still fairly rich. I need some advice on the low speed needle, the bloke that I bought the car off said that if I have trouble during break in then I should richen the high speed needle. Which I did but I later found that the whole Carby was loose. Well anyway now I can't find the closed position for the low speed needle and the car is not blowing much smoke but when i richen iit it is very sluggish.

If any one has any advice on what could be wrong or how to find the closed position on the low speed needle then please reply.

Ps. The needle just keeps screwing in thats why I cant find the closed spot.

Cheers.

·
Registered
117 Posts
when screwing the hsn and lsn in you have to make sure the carb is closed on the hsn you will no when its closed when it begins to get hard and on the lsn u will no its closed when the carb starts to move open a bit. Then go back to factory settings and leave them at factory or you can richen the lsn 1/8th a lil if ur having trouble letting it idle. then after bout 8 tanks put the lsn back to facotry and then in 1/8th turns on the hsn lean it out a bit you will no when it is right by it not bogging down and getting into 2nd. Hope that Helps

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks alot mate for your advice, I am happy that you have taken time to help. I will try this, I hope it works because right now when I take off the car is acellerating and going pretty slow but it is not blowing much smoke.

Cheers again

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
The other thing that I have found works really well issetting the LSN to flush. It is as good as factory, and sometimes easier to find.

Regards,

AUSRC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts