Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i'm going to get a savage 25 from tower hobbies

i have a bit of $$$ left over and want to get some mods i'm already getting a moto saver 3 stage airfilter and a hpi ribbed exhaust .

what else will be good i want to push it to 40mph++++

·
Registered
472 Posts
you also have to stop in an emergency. a failsafe is a good investment, i jst bought one 2 days ago afta some very scary runaways. order a spare glow plug or two as they are about $10 each over here. also a long shot but maybe some slotted and vented aluminium engine mounts to help lower temps a bit so u can run it a bit harder and faster for longer...

jus my .02 im sure other people have diff ideas

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Hey Husky, can you post some links to the various mods that you showed me today?

Let's see if I can remember some of them..

Hump pack, Diff mods, gearbox stuff, servo saver, etc... you covered more than I can remember.

Cheers, Skidd

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Yes mate, ill chuck it in a newthread. It will be most of the stuff i showed you today and they will be links to Savage central store.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
husky said:
Yes mate, ill chuck it in a newthread. It will be most of the stuff i showed you today and they will be links to Savage central store.

Thanks bloke... I guess I'll be spending some money at SC... I thought the spending would be over once I got the car... who knew?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Guys,

What's the "Motor Saver Air Filter" I keep reading about?

Part Number? Manufacturer? Benefits? Drawbacks?

What's the story?

Also, what is a cheap, better performing pipe for my Sav .21? I have a Picco waiting on the shelf for when the .21 expires, so I will be wanting a pipe which will be good for both of them.

Mike

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
ozdork said:
Guys,

What's the "Motor Saver Air Filter" I keep reading about?

Part Number? Manufacturer? Benefits? Drawbacks?

What's the story?

Also, what is a cheap, better performing pipe for my Sav .21? I have a Picco waiting on the shelf for when the .21 expires, so I will be wanting a pipe which will be good for both of them.

Mike

Personally I have the HPI part and the benefits are (so I've been told);
<UL>
<LI>better (finer) filter thus giving better engine protection</LI>
<LI>higher air flow over standard filter giving more power</LI>
<LI>intake is further from engine thereby drawing cooler air</LI>[/list]

I'm sure there are others who can add to this but it seemed like a good choice to me. I don't have the part number here at work but I can post it when I get home.

Also there is already a discussion about this filter in this thread;

Motor Saver on Savage

·
Registered
472 Posts
just got my hpi motor saver and this thign is HUGE! and i love it...recomend it to anyone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts