Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,

I installed the HPI ribbed pipe on my Sav .21 and so I had to start looking at my tuning. The HSN and MSN are fine, but the LSN setting is driving me nuts. I started out at the factory setting of 3.5 turns. It washard to start(!) and basically wouldn't run, so I started richening the LSN. Now I have it so that with a full tank, and full throttle trim it *just* starts and *just* idles - still pretty hard to start. Driving away its super sluggish accelerating from rest, lots of smoke.

OK, I understand, this is too rich. However after about 3 or 4 minutes running, things perk up. I return the throttle trim to neutral, it idles beautifully and accelerates perfectly from rest with a puff of smoke. Sweet!

So, clearly, part way through the tank its leaning out to the point where its totally perfect! Dammit!

So, what to do? Leanout the LSN a bitand risk alean run at the end of the tank? Or leave it how it is and only fill the tank up half way?

Suggestions?

Mike

·
Registered
405 Posts
Sounds like when you first start it - the engine is cold - and you just
need a bit more throttle - keep the revs up - until it's warmed up. I
think your tuning is probably ok, maybe warm it up, drive around for a
bit - then top the tank and start it again.

Any idea what the temperature it is when it's running badly - compared to when it's running well?

I start my Savage with a fair amount of throttle trim - then back it
off once it starts surging ahead without touching the throttle control.
This usally makes for a nice idle.

Jerrah.

·
Registered
405 Posts
You may need to adjust your idle screw up a little too, but do it when the engine is warm and running well.

Jerrah.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts