Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately tonight I found one of my genuine HPI Savage discs was poorly pressed andwon't fit over the hex(the other was fantastic) which has put a hold on my Savage upgrade plan... I'm sure it will be all sorted out shortly, but here's a picture of the part...

And a sad picture of a Savage in a million parts...

http://www.jerrah.com/sad-savage-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
LOL mine looked almost like that last night, then I put the brake mod in the too hard basket for 10pm, and put it all back together.I'm going to try the stock one and then upgrade to see the difference...

Hope your up and running again soon

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
I had twin discs on but im back to the sock single now. Too many busted pinions and endos!. The stock brakes can be adjusted to make the beast stop almost as well

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Interesting, does the throttle/brake servo make much difference? I mean do you just use a standard servo or a little something extra?

·
Registered
660 Posts
throttle brake mod, and stock steering servo SF-2 i think that what it isand itworks like a charm

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Savage SS said:
throttle brake mod, and stock steering servo SF-2 i think that what it isand itworks like a charm

Thats all im using
. Works well enough

·
Registered
660 Posts
well today i bought a alloy brake hub and a high proformance brake pad, mark form MRC said it is just as good as the HPI dual disk brakes but can be adjusted to become the same as stock should be good i will do a review if u's want

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With the throttle linkage modification my brakes were certainly powerful enough - I could lock the wheels quite easily with the stock disc, butI had already purchased the brake upgrade so I thought it wouldn't hurt to put it on.

I personally prefer the idea of having the greater braking surface area of the dual brakes, and brakes are only applied as hard as you push with your finger! If your brakes are biting too hard, I'd suggest adjusting your linkages, and vice versa.

With the stock disc - improved braking performance is only a matter of leverage.

Jerrah

1 - 8 of 8 Posts