Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been having trouble with my one way bearing on the back of my
S25. I was looking at the shaft that exits the rear of the engine, and
when I wiggle it - oil seeps past the seal and runs down the backplate.
I was wondering whether anyone else has had this problem and whether
I've got bad bearings, a bad seal somewhere or if this is a common
acceptable level of leakage.

The one way was drenched in oil when I pulled it out, and I had only
run the engine twice since installing it. My motor has been very dirty
lately - and I put that down to oil being sprayed back from the
exhaust...

Mind you when I say 'wiggle' I mean a enthusiastic wiggle, and the
movement is almost non existent. It's not like it's slopping around.

·
Registered
761 Posts
My bearing was also covered in crap when i pulled it off yesterday, i think that the engine just leaks heaps of oil, otherwise pull the backplate off and seal around it with a silicon sealant to prevent this.

Also, i think that i have a leak on the carb on my engine, because generally when i pull the pullstart i get a small spray of fuel on my hand (Holding the roll bar).. Do you find this happens to you Jerrah?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hmm.

The carby isnt flooding?

Is ur motor leaning?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just pulled motor out, pulled pipe off ,put my figers over carb and exaust outlet and blew into the feuline and it was pissing out air where the carby goes into engine.

Isealed it and now its all fixed i hope

·
Registered
761 Posts
I dunno whats wrong with it.. ah well it runs anyway lol.

Should take it down to Mr Toys and get the guys to check it out.. ah well.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
For a reliable engine you must eliminate all air leaks.

Common points are (1) carb-crankcase interface, (2) exhaust header & (3) around the backplate.

Use "RTV High-Temp Silicone", not just any old Selleys stuff for glazing & fish tanks - that'll fall off quick. Can find the RTV at auto stores, I think my last tube was 'Permatex' brand.

Make sure you don't use so much that the goo gets into the engine's workings. Don't need to use silicone for the head... the head-to-liner interface has a thin metal gasket. This gasket must be there, if you've lost/removed it get a new one.

Also secure your fuel lines to the nipples. Where they have barbs, either get spring clip clamps or just make a twist-tie with wire. (Use the wire from garden twist-ties or the ones given free with garbagebags; remove the plastic/paper insulation and just use the metal wire.)

Can't do anything about the pullstart's bushing. Can try running it with a dab of grease but that only works for a short while. The positive crankcase pressure pushes oil out of the engine there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts