Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news.... for me anyway. In a previous post I had told of how my force 21 engine spat the crank bearings, rendering the crankshaft journal egg-shaped. I have just today purchased a new pair of bearings from a bearing supplier (not a hobby shop) for just $19 the pair. I have stripped, de-burred, cleaned and re-assembled the engine. The new bearings were a sinch to fit. A bit of pre-heating did the trick. So, got home from work all excited, fitted the engine to the rex and she roared into life! The crankshaft is relying purely on the bearing for support, but that is a by-product of a buggered engine. Who knows how long it will last, but i will have some fun blowing it up again! I now have a hyper 21 8 port pro with roto-start, which is the serious engine. Havent run it in yet so dont know how well it goes.....2.7HP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a machine! Anyhoo, will keep posting as events unfold. Till then.....

·
Registered
472 Posts
isnt it usually only the bearings suporting the crank?

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Glad you got the force fixed cheap. What roto start did you fit to the hyper?

Do you have a V8 torrie?

·
Registered
472 Posts
that was gonna be my next question
and if u say its either a LC/LJ i will marry you..jus giving you some warning (am myself trying to find a LC/LJ for my first car - got $4k saved)

·
Registered
477 Posts
i done a cheap fix to my force 25 too..lol

ive had 3 force engines as youa ll know they all blew up..well i decinded to make a engine out of the old parts

i have never started it yet..

i used engine 1's crank case and bearings..

engine 2's crank chaft.. and engine 3's piston that had a tiny chip on the bottom..

i cant be bothered pulling the 24/7 pro out to try the force though

·
Registered
472 Posts
bolt it too your work bench
or make up a stand at school

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In answer to all the q's... yes, i have a v8torrie. not just a name sweet-heart..lol. tis an LH with a mildly worked.....you guessed it...V8..lol. Its a work in progress, five years and $12000 so far. Next is a sequential shifter for the gearbox and finishing of the interior. Then some minor completion details. The roto start system was supplied by www.hstore.com.au . they supplied the engine too! nice guys and brilliant prices...no i dont have a job there as a sales rep...lol. gotta go have some chow, catcha later

·
Registered
240 Posts
v8torrie said:
Good news.... for me anyway. In a previous post I had told of how my force 21 engine spat the crank bearings, rendering the crankshaft journal egg-shaped. I have just today purchased a new pair of bearings from a bearing supplier (not a hobby shop) for just $19 the pair. I have stripped, de-burred, cleaned and re-assembled the engine. The new bearings were a sinch to fit. A bit of pre-heating did the trick. So, got home from work all excited, fitted the engine to the rex and she roared into life! The crankshaft is relying purely on the bearing for support, but that is a by-product of a buggered engine. Who knows how long it will last, but i will have some fun blowing it up again! I now have a hyper 21 8 port pro with roto-start, which is the serious engine. Havent run it in yet so dont know how well it goes.....2.7HP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a machine! Anyhoo, will keep posting as events unfold. Till then.....

So how much work has the rex done, I have one as well & no probs as yet.

·
Registered
240 Posts
JoNo-vs-SAVAGE said:
that was gonna be my next question
and if u say its either a LC/LJ i will marry you..jus giving you some warning (am myself trying to find a LC/LJ for my first car - got $4k saved)

I had a LJ XU-1 with 15,000 miles on the clock & only 18 months old when I was a lot younger....only cost $3750 as well as new condition.

Sold it at 31,000 miles 6 months later, gearbox stuffed & noise from the timing gears. Last Holden I ever owned.

·
Registered
472 Posts
herm stuffed gear box and timming gears taken a beating... added with someone about my age..hahha was it the cars fault or all of our mmates egging us on

·
Registered
240 Posts
JoNo-vs-SAVAGE said:
herm stuffed gear box and timming gears taken a beating... added with someone about my age..hahha was it the cars fault or all of our mmates egging us on

It was my 2nd car plus I had a new Motocross bike & raced as well..then getting married...build a house etc.

Should have kept the XU-1 might have still looked the same with is more than I can say about the wife....LOL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my rex-x with the force engine had done about 8 tanks after run in. quite dissapointing really. i have heard sooo many people with the same drama. i guess the force 21 is just one of those engines that some are ok, sum are duds. kinda like the old camira....lol.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
I know at least one camira was ok, had one as a paddock bomb and couldn't kill it. In the end we flooded the engine(literally, drove into a dam)

My 21BB which is basically a force has held up pretty well. Didnt get that much of a chance thoufgh since i upgraded a month after i got it

·
Registered
99 Posts
v8torrie said:
I now have a hyper 21 8 port pro with roto-start, which is the serious engine. Havent run it in yet so dont know how well it goes..........

I got one of those in my MP6 Inferno (<---- pictured here). It goes nice - very nice! I've put about 15 litres (give or take) of 25% through it after running in on 4 litres of 10%. Just changed the conrod before the last run (Melb bash in events thread) not because there was anything wrong with it.. i just heard it was a good idea to change them regularly! Still going strong at this stage - doesn't seem to have lost any power - so I'm very happy with it.

Did you see the way they recommend to run the motor in - in the instructions: says with the mixture screw basically all the way out, run the engine at low RMP with the throttle fully open... Didn't seem to make sense, but actually works - the engine running so rich it just won't rev. All this icy moisture builds up around the carby and exhaust and the engine is stone cold - kind of cool (i thought!).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts