Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i first started Rc carin i noticed this beast of a car in the window of my lhs, and thought i mus have it, therefore 20 minutes later out i go with my new purchase...

What You Get In the Box: When u open the box if u havent built a kit b4 you may be overwealmed with the amount of parts needing construction, although tamiya is said to have the best kit for beginers, it has all parts marked clearly to corresponed with the highly detailed manual.

Building: Building of this model was a breeze very straight forward, th only fault i could find in the manual was when installing the propelor shaft u may notice it has a pic of a tube of sumthing, and it says that u need glue for construction, therefore you assume this means glue, it actually stands for the grease included.

Recquired Items: This kit requires 2-channel radio control unit, a 7.2v battery, and a charger for 6-7 cells, 7.2v. As well as some Tamiya Color paint for painting the body.

Not Recquired But Recommended: I learnt the hard way by building the entire kit with the included bushings, i suggest u get your hands on a set of ball bearings to install from the beginning, as well as this i learnt that the stock steering linkage was really sloppy, i swapped these out for some Tie rods, problem solved.

For The Track: If you decide to race, i believe it is necessary to have a esc (electronic speed controller), as well optional speed tuned gears, for faster gearing, if you want smooth steering you may like to buy yourself some Damper Sets, as the stock shocks are like poggo sticks.

The Verdict: I have ha nothing but enjoyment from my TL-01 highly recommended for the beginner at mind, but racer at heart, although its slow outa the box with about $180.00 in hop ups mentioned you have urself a race wourthy car. With these hop ups the tl-01 was radared at 30.2 kph with a Trinity 19turn spec motor and mentioned hop ups...my advice buy one....

For More Info: visit: www.tamiyausa.com, www.rcmart.com, www.towerhobbies.com, or you Local Hobby Store

·
Registered
761 Posts
ah peedee, whos tl-01 was that, that got radared... u dont have a trinity 19t motor lol

otherwise good review... i should do one of the ultima lol

Enjoyment: Some

Problems: Weak Gearbox, Gear Strippage In Gearbox, Spur Striped Although Incorrect meshing as i was newb then.

Maintenence: None, Give it a shake and all good.

Overall Rating: 6/10

Reason, This truck has lots of potential, but a weak gearbox

ok thats my crappy review for the night, good work on yours peedee keep up the good work.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was radared at meakin park, not mine presonally no, but had the same hop ups as mine exept he has a trinity 19t soec motor andi have a tamiya type high rev motor in the mail from towerhobbies

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when towerhobbies get there finger out and get ti to me, but they are saying it is busy due to christmas but the managed to get urs here, ill still do business with tower, but i dont think it is souly(spelling) there fault i think the middle man ma have stuffed the order...cant wait till it comes though ill smoke ya savvy

kidden, it should go about 50kph

·
Registered
761 Posts
yeah its pretty cool, its better than matts mini cooper that damn thing is crazy... man i still have a mark on my toe from him runnininto it atWOT and it was head on too

urs can actually drive straight and the front wheel drive mini is annoying as

G

·
yeah my manaro elec is 4wd also, but i have had some problems with the car when i first got it,1st thing i opend it up the battry was faulty took it back and they gave me new charger and battry but this time the charger was faulty (loose wiring) and then i finally got it goen and the servo systems didnt work so i took it back got a totally new car never had a problem since.

G

·
no, never heard off it, ive always wanted to try a reedy KR 10x3 motor, im sure that will really move your car!!

nismo

G

·
hmm tried putting a heatsink on the engine...one of those clip on
ones??....im sure there is one around somewhere?? that should cool it a
bit.....also ive seen a few ppl cut out airvents in the lower front of
the body.......air goes in and cools engine..

Nismo

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just bought a tl-o1 with a subaru shell...

I was wondering, wat parts i need to make it drift?

Also, wats the best engine i can put in it under $100?

And is it ok to put a hpi 1/10scale shell on my car (ie, the shells dont have to be tmiya do they?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.