Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried or know anything about the Redback Racing nitro fuels, I find it to be alright & it seems to perform well. It has castor & synthetic oil & has a Klotz lubricants, a Cool Power & an Ultra Slick premium synthetic logo's on the label. It also says on the label,
Over 99% pure racing nitromethane
Clean burning
Imported synthetics
High quality performance enhancers
Rust inhibitors
& Anti wear additives
It says its manufactured by The Hobby Headquarters (Kirrawee,NSW). I know this is probably just marketing hype but would like to know what other think or know about the fuel & its quality.
I was told by someone on facebook that its mixed in Shepperton & uses cheap chinese
nitro, so I thought I would see what other forum member think.
Its also approved by Traxxas for use in their nitro engines.

It costs me $50 for 5 litres at one of my LHS's, any other fuel is more expensive. I might see what they can get in the way of Cool Power or Nitro X & at what cost.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi mate. I know that I'm reviving this thread sooo late. But just a tip, dont know if you've experienced the following: one batch of red back racing fuel may be good quality but the next batch of the fuel may be real crap. I experienced this myself and later found out more about this on other forums and clubs. Just my two cents.... :)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
21 Posts
It may be cheaper compared to other fuels but I personally dont think that $20 saved is worth risking an expensive engine tyat you are running. Happy nitro

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks & yeah I only used a couple of containers & while it seemed ok at first I soon found that the engines were a bit harder to keep in tune & I would have them running great 1 day then the next it would need retuning even when weather was very similar & using the same batch.
I now use NEO+ 25% & my engines are much better, make more power & keep there tune much better, I'll be sticking with NEO+ from now on.

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
Never had a lot of success with Redback fuels...one bottle would be great and the next all over the place, but it does advertise the use of Klotz synthetic oil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts