Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just getting feed back on the work in progress, it can carry a 1/8 and 1/10 slash comfortably, still needs to finshed putting mud guards around wheels and ramp at the back that will also act as a tailgate. This will be multipurpose as I am also making fit a boat.i will also put tie downs and a winch at the frount to hold cars in place. What do you think so far :). Also how much do you think its worth. Only positive feedback.

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts
Looks good
how did you do the suspension
I built one a while back and it is still sitting on the shelf
without suspension.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No suspension just fixed axel

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank just did the mud gaurds

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just mounting guards take pics tomorrow

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
20141119_200508.jpg 20141119_200455.jpg
Done the main work only have to do the ramp and grab points

·
Registered
196 Posts
Looks good joel that trailer would look mad behind my jeep pullin my exo terra

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
20141208_135754.jpg 20141208_135751.jpg 20141208_135742.jpg
How do you rekon this looks?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nice one joel really looks the part. Maybe some micro servos to lower the ramps and a winch to pull the car up. Hahahaha id like to see that

·
Registered
527 Posts
Only positive feedback.
Why only positive feedback.?
The trailer is looking good so far but negative feedback, as long as its not said in a nasty way, is what makes & helps people improve & do or make things better.

Something like, I like the way you have done the ramps, but using pop rivets to secure them to the hinges & trailer makes it look slightly rushed & less authentic, using small screws/bolts & nyloc nuts would make it look more like the real thing.

Some made up leaf springs would look good on it also & would make it look more authentic as well.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Why only positive feedback.?
The trailer is looking good so far but negative feedback, as long as its not said in a nasty way, is what makes & helps people improve & do or make things better.

Something like, I like the way you have done the ramps, but using pop rivets to secure them to the hinges & trailer makes it look slightly rushed & less authentic, using small screws/bolts & nyloc nuts would make it look more like the real thing.

Some made up leaf springs would look good on it also & would make it look more authentic as well.
you also forgot to mention the diamond plate pattern is 8X too big to be 'scale' ;)

·
Registered
527 Posts
you also forgot to mention the diamond plate pattern is 8X too big to be 'scale' ;)
No didn't forget that, but getting diamond or checker plate to suit the scale is probably pretty hard to find, the plate used is probably about the smallest available anyway, unlike screws/bolts for the ramps that would be easy to do & also make it easier to remove ramps for future mods or adjustments if needed.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Thats expensive stuff there, looks pretty thin & not very strong as well.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
haha yeah, nothing is cheap in Scale Land :( sometimes i think building a real 1:1 would be cheaper!

Twokey is good seller

·
Registered
577 Posts
haha yeah, nothing is cheap in Scale Land :( sometimes i think building a real 1:1 would be cheaper!

Twokey is good seller

+1
I'm hearing you Zoomer scale is pricey but looks good in the end
Twokey is a great seller bought lots off them and never had a problem

·
Registered
140 Posts
For small amounts of alloy off cuts, there's a seller I've bought from on quicksales.

I'll look up his user name so I get the spelling correct.

He sometimes has small dia. Rod, hex and square. Has copper, brass and some other stuff.
Quicksales profile is set to away, but eBay listings are current.

http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/offcuts.galore?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

1 - 20 of 20 Posts