Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Its alright i guess, cause i got mine from tower with a glow ignitor, temp gauge and a fuel bottle, with air shipping, was $830, plus $77.35 for customs is about the same as that savage there on ebay. Hes saying savage .25 rtr PLUS rotostart PLUS brakes.. the rotostart comes with every savage .25. The brakes are a big plus though the stock ones SUCK.

If you already own a glow ignitor, a fuel bottle and a temp gauge (optional but i reckon nessesary to newbies) then its still going to cost you another 50 at least.

·
Registered
405 Posts
By doing the throttle/brake servo saver mod - my stock brake has enough
power to lock the wheels on dirt, or as I did yesterday - cartwheel
down the road for a few metres...

Just got to increase the leverage.

As for the truck on ebay:

<ul>
[*]Rotorstart is standard with the RTR25 (not with the SS though)
[*]Comes with upgraded brakes - if you do the throttle mod, the
standard brakes are ok. Having super strong brakes might actually be
hard on your diffs and gearbox.
[*]Comes with kit to install reverse - not really a big deal to me, some people like them, but I didn't see much value in it.
[/list]
I personally feel like I always have my hand in my pocket buying hop
ups for the Savage. If you're happy with the stock configuration (I'd
do the 4 gear diff mod and the throttle mod as a minimum) you'll
probably just be buying nitro fuel (upto $25 per litre) and glow
plugs.($6-10 each)

Investigate how much you can buy a Savage locally for (MRC model car
parts, etc, etc), then look at how much it will cost you to import from
somewhere like Tower. At the time I bought mine, the exchange rate was
really good and Tower was doing a special deal on them. I believe mine
worked out to be about $700 all up.

Jerrah.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
jerrah said:
Investigate how much you can buy a Savage locally for (MRC model car parts, etc, etc), then look at how much it will cost you to import from somewhere like Tower. At the time I bought mine, the exchange rate was really good and Tower was doing a special deal on them. I believe mine worked out to be about $700 all up.

Jerrah.

I can't agree more with that!

I purchased my Savage 25 from MRC for the Rec Retail of $795.00... at the moment it seems that most LHS's are charging what they like because they are very difficultto get here, but in my mind that doesn't justify prices approaching $900.00!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Guys i've been searching on ebay and found someone who is selling savage .25 for $795. Don't know about shipping but it beats MRC and planet hobbies who charge $70 in shipping. I hope to get one soon.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
millzy555 said:
Guys i've been searching on ebay and found someone who is selling savage .25 for $795. Don't know about shipping but it beats MRC and planet hobbies who charge $70 in shipping. I hope to get one soon.

Millzy, is the savvy in Australia?

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
millzy555 said:
Yeah just checked, there're in Sydney and he's selling about 5 of them.

You should check that they are new... come with everything required and are covered by an Australian warranty.

To be honest $795 is not *that* cheap... the RRP for the 25 in shops is $849.00 so if all of the above are not correct then it's not much of a saving.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
75 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="95%" align=center>
<T>
<TR>
<TD class=bold>millzy555 wrote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" bgColor=#494949>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff>
<T>
<TR>
<TD class=text>Guys i've been searching on ebay and found someone who is selling savage .25 for $795. Don't know about shipping but it beats MRC and planet hobbies who charge $70 in shipping. I hope to get one soon.</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

1st Off MRC does not charge $70.00 for shipping. We charge $35.00 including Insurance. As for the price of our trucks no firm price will be given until they are here. Which is a week or so away.

Skidd the shop that quoted you that price did he actually have them instock ? Radio Models has them for $1076.00

Regards Mark.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
mrcmcp said:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="95%" align=center><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD class=bold>millzy555 wrote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" bgColor=#494949><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD class=text>Guys i've been searching on ebay and found someone who is selling savage .25 for $795. Don't know about shipping but it beats MRC and planet hobbies who charge $70 in shipping. I hope to get one soon.</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

1st Off MRC does not charge $70.00 for shipping. We charge $35.00 including Insurance. As for the price of our trucks no firm price will be given until they are here. Which is a week or so away.

Skidd the shop that quoted you that price did he actually have them instock ? Radio Models has them for $1076.00

Regards Mark.

Actually no Mark, they didn't have them is stock. I asked what they were going to be selling them for when they came in and that's the price they gave me.

Although, you are exactly correct, it could be a whole different matter when they actually get the stocks of them

And as for the price of the .21... I've seen them for as much as $1,200.00!! And remember that is for a model that was superseded almost 6 months ago.

·
Registered
677 Posts
OH MY GOD

I have found a Savage that runs for 30 mins on a tank of fuel. And it's on eBay. Man I may bid $750 for this one, 30 mins, wow.

Click HERE

brodski

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Sherbrodski said:
OH MY GOD

I have found a Savage that runs for 30 mins on a tank of fuel. And it's on eBay. Man I may bid $750 for this one, 30 mins, wow.

Click HERE

brodski

mine does that. ill get 20 - 30 mins out of it b4 it revs out then stalls.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
HOLY CRAP hes here in adelaide and i didnt even knowtice! im emailing him right now!

1 - 20 of 339 Posts