Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a photo of my new RC Raven triple rate springs on the left - and stock RTR25 springs on the right. Also note how bent my roll bar is...

·
Registered
472 Posts
how do they handle, they look very soft, but im sure htey arent

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't driven it yet. The wider turns are actually stiffer than the tight stuff.

Jerrah.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They seem stiffer than the stock springs in the last part of the stroke- what springsdoes he use for jumping normally, and how high is he flying?

Could always use more spacers to add preload.

Jerrah.Edited by: jerrah

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have been using r/c raven triple rate springs now for two months and
I must admit at first, upon seeing the springs I thought I had blown my
dough. But after using them everywhere from tar, the quarry and the
skate park and anything in between that looked like u could jump a
savage off it, I must say I am very happy with my purchase.

I am running 6 shocks with 1 preload and the very back two shocks have
2 preloads. I dont seem to have had an issue with bottoming out on the
bigger jumps and my handling on high grip surfaces has improved a huge
amount, no more roll overs ( especially with a wider wheel base ) !!!

On the weekend I took out all preloads and tried to tip my savage over
on the hotmix tar in my culdesac and I had a bloody hard time doing so.

The only way to tell I guess would to have two savages with the same
shock oil and wheel base , one running the triples and the other stiock
HPI ........

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
How bloody odd is that? It's hard to believe that the spring with less turns in it has a higher resistance than the one with more turns. I'm not doubting that it does... but it sure surprised me. Edited by: Skidd

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Skidd,

I got mine in the same shipment as Jerrah and I have to agree. When I started to play with them I expected the "lessor" turned springs to be the soft part. I was incredibly suprised when my logic ended up backwards.

Regards,

Chris

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
OK then... now I hope some of you experts can learn me in the magic of handling dymanics.

I am sitting here thinking about how well my stock Savage 25 handles (or doesn't)and having run it side by side with Husky's I can see a significant difference between mine and one that is set up better.

I was under the impression that the suspension in these models would work the same as in a 1:1 car... the spring simply sets how firm the ride is and the shock absorber sets the rebound in the spring and so affects stability as in roll etc, I'll forget for the moment the role the tyre plays in all this.

Taking this 1:1 theory and applying it to an RC I wouldthinkif I was working on a high speed track with fast corners and jumpsetc I would want a firmer spring with harder shock absorber (high damper rate). however on a track with small jumps and corrigations I'd need softer springs and lower damper rates.

Have I got that right? Is that how it works on these RC models as well?Edited by: Skidd

·
Registered
561 Posts
prices in australia have vaired from 35 to 48 australian dollars

1 - 11 of 11 Posts