Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any sort of rc dynos avalaible, i know of the venom speed meter but i am more interesed in the conventional 1:1 style roller type dynos?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I've seen a few on-line (vids) - made of 4 rollers , 2 for front wheels, 2 for rear. One of the owners reported not strapping his buggy down properly the first time & it jumped off and slammed into the fence.

A guy that I race with plans to make one similar, but with a big flat rubber belt and a disc mounted to one end with a small wheel & bicycle speedo attached to measure speed.
Measuring actual power is a bit harder than that. I guess you could apply a resistive force to the belt and time acceleration between two speeds...

Cheers, Oggy.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that belt idea sounds alright, i was thinkin if you bought a venom speed meter and just attach it totheroller of a homemade dyno it could work. it would be sweet just to see one in action

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah it would be sweet just to see how fast they really go....

·
Registered
382 Posts
Tamiya acctually make dyno's but i dnno where 2 buy em from cause after seein this i wanted one but i never been able to them

take a look

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
LOL... no problem mate, didn't you know that Chris pays me per post that I move.

"The search button is your friend"</font>

·
Registered
662 Posts
I can see it now, RC Dyno comps to cure those my car/truck is faster than yours or my car/truck has more power!

Imagine a 1/8scale opentop workshop with the chassis dyno and all the cars/trucks lined up outside to enter the comp
just like the 1:! cars enjoy.

Would make a great addition to a car show
more exposure for RC

Now we just need to convince a hobbyshop to sponser a comp and provide the dyno.

http://www.rcdynosystems.com/Graph.htm

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.