• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

RC Breakages

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Skidd 
G
#1 ·
My wife got me into RC by buying me a toy RC truck for Christmas - never had one before. She is a very cool chick.

Anyway, I got my X-Factor in April and broke it while breaking it in

Have broken it a few more times since then, but only had to order parts in once. She wonders why such an expensive toy breaks more than the cheap one (which hasn't had any MAJOR breakages yet)...

Please vote in my poll - I try to tell her that the X-Factor is so much faster than my toy RC! (And I'm a crap driver too
)

See less See more
#3 ·
Used to tell 'em the good (expensive) ones all only came as kits that we built, then the silly RTRs came and muddied that excuse.

Now we tell 'em:-

Hobby RC: when we break it we can fix it

Toy RC: break it and you throw it away

plus don't forget "honey I bought another car for spareparts".

#4 ·
LMAO. Does the spare car excuse work does it Zoomer!?! lol.

ahh, How is it I can manage to break the savage but yet the mini t REFUSES to break!?!

BREAKS:

Savage: 2 shocks-same side(both on front) snapped top collars.-Savage dosnt like the fuel tanks underneath cars! Also broken front Right Lower suspension arm.. Savage Also dosnt like goin FLAT out, an hittin a park bench...

#6 ·
Skidd said:
LOL... Zoomer, I just tried that excuse the other day... man if looks could kill. She's finally talking to me again but I know that my pennance will be difficult.

I was gunna come knock on your door to ask to borrow the big Honda so, err, I could prove you're right about that anti-steering theory
whilst chasing the Puffing Billy around that hill in your backyard... but heck, sounds like it'll be a huge risk letting your mrs share stories with my mrs.

btw I get more free reign on toy cars due to her *ban* on my getting a decent 2-wheeler etc etc... (to tell the truth, riding in Melb traffic is suicidal) so consider yourself lucky but I still got half an eye set on a Sedgewick.

Toys, a boy needs Toys.

#7 ·
zoomer said:
Skidd said:
LOL... Zoomer, I just tried that excuse the other day... man if looks could kill. She's finally talking to me again but I know that my pennance will be difficult.

I was gunna come knock on your door to ask to borrow the big Honda so, err, I could prove you're right about that anti-steering theory
whilst chasing the Puffing Billy around that hill in your backyard... but heck, sounds like it'll be a huge risk letting your mrs share stories with my mrs.

btw I get more free reign on toy cars due to her *ban* on my getting a decent 2-wheeler etc etc... (to tell the truth, riding in Melb traffic is suicidal) so consider yourself lucky but I still got half an eye set on a Sedgewick.

Toys, a boy needs Toys.

LMAO... I hear ya buddy when you say the wifes should never talk... if they get comparing stories we might both be in trouble... I've already blamed you for my eye wandering over to the touring car track at Boronia, heaven help me if she gets worded up.

Actually in my old age I'm turning into a fair weather biker... the hills are great in the summer but this time of year it's not unusual to find leaves, bark or constant wet areas on the road that seem to adversly effect grip.... go figure. Last time I had the bike out was about 5 weeks ago.

You're right about a bloke needing his toys... I'm still looking for my 1960 Cadillac Convertible.

#8 ·
At the end of the day, the one with themost toys wins! For some reson they never understand that golden rule...

So far the breakages on the savage (money pit):

Split two shocks (what the? rumor has it thats not possible...)
both diff cases
13t bevel gear
one diff bearing (copped a tooth from the 13t bevel gear)
1st spur gear is starting to die (4ltrs latter)
one bumper post
one roll bar
disc brake
steering on transmitter
fuel tank
drive cups showing bad wear
pull start
Almost killed two stock rims - but they still work

So far the breakages on the Super Honet (in 5 years):

One cooked battery - my fault
one set of rear tyres and new rims

The bit that matters, Fun factor:

Savage 10/10
Super Honet 3/10

At the end of the day its all worth it.

#9 ·
I need more toys, and more money

Engine mount

12 Spur Gears

Fuel tank

Fuel tank post

Roll bar

diff cases

radio box

disk brake

all 8 shocks r bent

lost about 20 screws

bend engine holder and silver pole things

only after 14 litres of fuel

i think i am the spur stripper master
,Edited by: Savage SS

#10 ·
Savage SS said:
mine as for savage is.

Engine mount

12 Spur Gears

Fuel tank

Fuel tank post

Roll bar

diff cases

radio box

disk brake

all 8 shocks r bent

lost about 20 screws

bend engine holder and silver pole things

only after 14 litres of fuel

LOL.. mate don't forget these;

lexan body, crystal set, shock spring retainer, drive cup pins, etc etc

But for a decent list of broke stuff... wait for tOiletduck to post his last parts order... actually it looked worse than it actually was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.