Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have ordered my Raven Triple Rate Spings from http://www.rcraven.com and have to say ... can't bloody wait. Stevo1957 bought a set of these for his Terra Crusher and swears by them, so it will be interesting to see what they do for the savage.

Hurry up USPS.

Full review will follow.....

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
561 Posts
ausrc,

ive been running them on my savage now for two months and they are a
very big improvement. Jumps never seem to bottom out and ther absorb
alot more body roll on high grip surfaces like tar. With a wider wheel
base like what you are running with your 40 series wheels you would be
hard pressed to roll it !

Im getting my maxx's x75 beadlocks soon so I will let you know how the r/c ravens go with a wider wheel base !!

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
I feel so inferior.

My TC has dual rate RC Ravens ...so AUSRC just has to go one better........to triple rate springs.

mmm...........Wonder if I could get a special build of quad rate springs out of RC Raven so I can stay ahead!!

Just kidding - but seriously, the dual rates on the crusher are great.

Off a small jump at the local track with the stock shocks andsprings, I couldn't prevent forward rolls unless I stuck a whole heap of preloads on the front.

The dual ratesmean no preloads on the Integy piggy backs and perfect landings off the previosuly troublesome jump. The truck now sits higher and has less roll at high speed than it used to. Handles corners real well, too.

Just a tip - if you buy the RC Ravens from the RC Raven online store, you'll get hit pretty steep with postage. If you email [email protected] .com (ithink that's the address) and say you will pay by Paypal, you'll probably get a better deal on P and H. (I think the online store is handled by a third party.) I think I saved about US$10 by ordering this way.

Cheers,

SteveEdited by: stevo1957

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steve,

I took your advice on the postage. The online order said $22 (or 24) for postage and Russ did it for me for $12 when I emailed him.

Good advice.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Glad to help,

That means you have about an extra $15 in yourpocket to spend on your next parts order!

Cheers,

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.