Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my club organized race in our city and it was raining...a lot

so i took my evo2 and carson speed max(wich should be water resistant) and put servo and reciver in the ballon...

i raced for about 8laps with my takeoff cs 22 and the water went in reciver and servo and carson was burned....damn

so i have to quit in half of 1st qualifiying race...

some of my friend put their electrics in a condom and it worked fine...i just dont get it how did the water went through the ballon...

it was raining like hell and all the serious guys put on theris pit shimizu rain tires....

oh my god...so much grip...i have never seen this before,,,apsolutely no sliding ,cars were flipping on the roof if u entered curb too fast...and almost every curb they were going on 2 wheels...

that pit shimizu are very good tires...and too expensive for me...here in croatia they cost 90$...4 rims with 4 tires and 4 things that goes inside tires

....greetings for zoomer...

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
The Carson ESCs are rebranded Mtroniks units I believe. They're promised to be "splashproof" but they will still shutdown when they get wet... or maybe overheating killed yours?

The only one that works underwater is the LRP Quantum Comp 2.

You guys are crazy racing in the rain...

·
Registered
596 Posts
I find proline road rage tires work extremely well in the rain. electricity and water don't mix but if i'm feeling stupid (which is more often then not) then by old TB-01 can be run in the rain thanks to the dirt cover which keeps the electrolics sealed up and away from water.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Honestly, I'd just go seek shelter INDOORS...

Have had fair share of rain races, mainly from living in the tropics (where the rain is Warm!!) and most days you'll be getting some rain. Can't avoid it if one's running 1/8 gas cars and the mains & enduros go for hours.

At least on a gas car everything's already fuel-proofed and water don't do damage. We had good fun trying to cut threads into wide foam tyres...

·
Registered
596 Posts
running nitros in the rain is always fun. is real easy to water proof the electronics in a hpi super nitro rally and it drifts real good on a wet road plus the smoke trail hangs around a bit so you can see where you have been. really should get another engine for the rally either that or put in the donated gs15 engine i have gathering dust.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh well...it is risky to drive in the rain w electric car but unfortunatly that are the rules here in croatia...

only if there is a thunder then the race is off...

these are suposed to be rules of EFRA..and croatia is trying to get in...

although i find it very stupid to drive in the rain...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts