Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a good place tog et all your rc car stuff from is http://www.radiomodels.com.au/ they are a perth mob that are very well priced and there shipping is awesome. just be aware on the prices of more expensive items...eg. kits, radio gear etc cos they can charge a bit of a mark up on them..other from that there awesome

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought a ROTO start off them and i was positively assurerd that it would bolt right on 'no mucking around, no problems' when i got it the screws wouldnt fit into the back plate! When i asked for some they said that'll be $4.00 bucks PLUS postagefor 3 tiny screws!! Bit rough considering i just spent $1200.00 on a new savage ss there (they didnt even throw in a glow plug with that).

After a little'discussion' they were sent FREE OF CHARGE (still no glow plug though!).

I guess what im trying to say is in my opinion they dont look after their customers, i have since gone else where to get parts and hop-ups ( MRCModel car parts) he is imformative and DOESNT tell lies.

I hope i wasnt too rough but that is the experience i had with them.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Weaponx,

Honest opinionsare all we can hope for - thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
358 Posts
I bought my Buggy from these guys (RMS)and although shipping took a week because they were waiting on stock, I was still happy. Plus the total outlay including shipping was up to $300 cheaper than local hobby shops and about the same price as buying from the U.S.

I haven't bought from them since, but their prices are consistently cheaper (maybe 10%) of my LHS that for anythingexpensive enough tocounter postage costs, I'll be buying from them again.

As for screws, I always buy them from my local Engineering supply store - 4 new stainless engine mount bolts cost me 50cents the other day - I don't know how much they would have been from a hobby shop because I didn't waste my time trying :)

Cheers!
Oggy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
They're OK. A little rogh around teh edges.

Their actual shop is tiny and dingy. They're pretty friendly though.

The website is OK - abit of a dogs dinner (I like odd website organisation sometimes).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts