Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one seen these, they are good quailty and and detailed, and not a bad price either.....range from $40 to around $80 for the better ones...

nismo

pics from www.prolineracing.com Edited by: AUSRC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm maybe not me either, but that mini goes for $50 down here, theres is a dodge stratus, which is $35-40..

the TVR speed 6, is around the $50....ive only heard that some go up to $80, but im guessing thats a maximum price to pay, or they where including paints aswell

nismo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes maybe, but you seen the prices on stuff down here in tas??....

$90 for a NIB tamiya mini cooper racing shell

$70 for two alu threaded oil shocks

see why they are expensive too down here..

Nismo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They have some great bodies.

I get my bodies from Hong Kong.I have to go there for businesstwice a year. All Protoform bodies are approx. HK$110. Exchange rate is 5.8, so they cost me about AUS$19. Worth remembering for when you have someone you know heading that way. Easy to packin a suitcase, just pack them with cloths, T-shirts etc.

BTW .... this is my first post reply .... hi all

WREX

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
WREX,

Welcome to the forum, great to have you with us.

Any change the place were you buy those bodies in HK is online?

Regards,

AUSRC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AUSRC,

I always get my stuff directly, when I'm in HK. There is a street (more like a city block) kinda North-East from Mong Kok station, that has approx 10-12 shops in and around Kwong Wa St, that sell nothing but RC goodies.

Try www.shopping.rcmodel.com.hk

They have eg. Mazda 6 and Alfa Romeo 2.1 bodies going for US$17 (thats approx. AUS$22. That's stillvery cheap

Cheers, WREX

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
WREX,

Just had a good look around and yep, those protoform bodies are cheap.

It's funny, they are really way of the mark on HPI Kits, but super cheap on Kyosho kits - the V-One-RR Evolution is like $50US cheaper than Tower, but the HPI Savage is $100 more expensive.

Getting back ontopic though - their range of bodies is very well priced.

http://www.shopping.rcmodel.com.hk didn't work for me, but http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk did.

Thanks,

AUSRC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does anyone know ifthey have stopped makingthe 200mm Crowd Pleazer body?

I hav'nt seen it in any of their recent magazine adds. Tried to get one for a while now, with no luck.

WREX

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.