Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
***NEWBIE ALERT***

I am trying to find out how i measure the adjustments on my front alignment (not driving straight)
Do I need to zero everything then adjust toe/camber/castor, like on a "real" car.

Could not find anything in the FAQ, I'm sure it's there.

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
What rc?? Bajas toe blocks have numbers on them

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
you can buy a simple camber gauge for about $5 to set that, for toe, i use a gridded cutting board and a protractor, its not as accurate as say using a Hudy setup station, but its close enough for what you require and you can do it foe less than $10. Castor is not something most people really need to think about all that much. For all the other things a set of blocks for tweak and ride height and squat gauges you can pick up pretty cheap as well.

I do not set things back to 0, just adjust them to what i require from where they are currently set, then take it for a few laps run and check again to make sure its where i want, or if improvement has been made to the over all driving characteristic im trying to change for has occurred.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you can buy a simple camber gauge for about $5 to set that, for toe, i use a gridded cutting board and a protractor, its not as accurate as say using a Hudy setup station, but its close enough for what you require and you can do it foe less than $10. Castor is not something most people really need to think about all that much. For all the other things a set of blocks for tweak and ride height and squat gauges you can pick up pretty cheap as well.

I do not set things back to 0, just adjust them to what i require from where they are currently set, then take it for a few laps run and check again to make sure its where i want, or if improvement has been made to the over all driving characteristic im trying to change for has occurred.
That helps a lot, I knew there must be a simple way that was fairly accurate....I was just too simple to work it out myself

Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts