Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question 1

When i apply my glow plug warmer to a glow plug it glows all the way up to about the last three or four mil. Is this normal. Its doing it with my car plugs as well. I had never really checked this before. not sure if my warmer is stuffed.

Question 2

My pull start will not retract. when i'm winding the flywheel back to windup the cord it also moves my piston up and down.

Is my oneway bearing stuffed.

·
Registered
472 Posts
i thinkt he recoil spring part of your pull starter is good as gone. and regarding the glow plug, re asssess how your car his tunned it may be running too rich/too lean

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Seanie said:
When i apply my glow plug warmer to a glow plug it glows all the way up to about the last three or four mil. Is this normal. Its doing it with my car plugs as well. I had never really checked this before. not sure if my warmer is stuffed.

If your engine starts & idles OK then don't worry about it.

If it doesn't then (1) try a new plug and (2) make sure the warmer is properly-charged & can pump out its 1.5V to keep it glowing.

The average plug might suck 2A, so a single sub-C warmer's cell might last only 30 mins under continuous use. If you need more than this, get a 2nd warmer or keep a spare charged cell handy (if your cell is replaceable). I carry both as well has having a quickcharger, and also a glowplug cord that I can clip onto any 1.5V source... hate it when fun stops 'cos there's no more juice.

My pull start will not retract. when i'm winding the flywheel back to windup the cord it also moves my piston up and down.

Is my oneway bearing stuffed.

Yes its a oneway bearing problem. Its stuck to the shaft, either by rust or dirt buildup. You can try cleaning it before you go spend $30 buying a new bearing.

The other problem is when there's too much dirt or oil on the bearing, and it doesn't grip the shaft when you tug the cord. A shot of motorspray usually works well enough to degrease the shaft, enough to get grip again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys.

Took is apart and cleaned the shaft that goes through the one-way.

The applied a little bit of after run oil.

Works a treat.

Today was the first time i have take my picco savage for a run.

My god, for its 4 tank it sure does have a lot of power. i was shaking by the end. :)Edited by: Seanie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts